International Business Major
Stonehill’s International Business major prepares students to capitalize on the demand for business professionals who can cater to a multicultural and multinational customer base.
The International Business program in Stonehill's Global Business, Operations, & Strategy Department and Meehan School of Business features an interdisciplinary curriculum that melds classes in business disciplines and liberal arts courses, arming students with a broad base of knowledge.
Whether profit, nonprofit or governmental organizations, employers want individuals who can:
- Succeed in assignments abroad
- Interact with multinational counterparts in other parts of the world from a domestic base
- Manage the interaction with the multicultural domestic population here
Through this program, students will develop unique business skills and broad cultural awareness.
Develop Skills to Standout in a Globally Competitive Environment
International Experience Requirement
International business students are required to complete an international experience through study abroad, an international internship or foreign language immersion experience and show proficiency in a foreign language.
International Business Internship Program
International business majors are encouraged to participate in multiple internships. Places where past students have interned include:
- Collaborative Consulting
- Eastern Bank
- Fidelity Investments
- Pioneer Institute
- Swiss Re
- MCI Ovation Group: event planning
- Grant Thornton
- ISM Capital
- Munich Underwriting/Lloyds Syndicate
- Rainbow Trust Fundraising
- Watkins Yacht Management
- Zoe & Morgan Jewelry
- Fundacion par las Relaciones Internacionales y el Dialogo Exterior (FRIDE)
- La Fundacion Deporte Joven
Organizations involved in assessing U.S. colleges and universities continually cite Stonehill as being among the best in the nation when it comes to value, outcomes and a commitment to making the world a better place. See full list of accolades.
Career Development Resources for Students
The Stonehill Career Development Center offers extensive assistance to students in academic degree and career decisions; applying to graduate school; and finding internships, mentors and postgraduate service opportunities.
International Business Specific Career Resources
- Extensive on-campus recruiting program for internships and entry-level positions
- Annual career fairs
- Various industry-specific career lunches
- “How to Market Your International Experience” workshop
Stonehill Undergraduate Research Experience
The Stonehill Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) is an opportunity for students who have completed their first year at Stonehill to perform significant, publishable, full-time research under the guidance of and in collaboration with an experienced faculty researcher.
- Myron Inglis ’14, who majored in International Business, worked with Professor Jennifer Swanson on “An Exploration of the Relationship Between Microfinance and Government Policies.” Their research was focused on determining what role the government plays in supporting microfinance.