Important for Cell Phone Users
You may enter it in both fields if you choose.
To ensure you receive Hill Alerts, please follow our directions carefully. You must enter your cell phone number in a specific field, as detailed below.
Stonehill utilizes the Hill Alert emergency notification system to quickly and efficiently communicate with the campus community via text message—as well as through email or phone call—in the event of a campus emergency. All emergency notifications sent via text message will be delivered using SMS short codes. These communications will include at least one of the following words in the message’s body: Emergency, Critical, Urgent.
The College also sometimes uses the Hill Alert system for non-emergency notifications. When sent via text message, these operational communications will be delivered using a sender-identifiable phone number, otherwise known as a 10-digit long code.
To set up Hill Alert emergency notifications to be sent to your phone, you must log in to myHill and provide your cell phone number in a specific "Cellular" phone field. Please note that by doing so, you are also consenting to receive non-emergency/operational Hill Alerts.
Follow the instructions below to review and update your home address and phone numbers to receive Hill Alerts.
1. Log in to myHill
2. Select "My Profile" on the top right side of the screen.
2. Select "My Employment Profile" on the top right side of the screen.
3. Click Current under the Permanent/Legal address type to change your home address or one of your personal phone numbers. The Update Address and Phones page will be displayed. Do not change the dates in the Valid From and Until This Date fields.
4. If necessary, update your address by typing over your existing address.
5. The "Primary Phone Number" field is NOT the data Hill Alert uses to try and text or call you. If your cell phone is your primary phone number, please enter it here AND follow Step 6.
Typically, a home phone or "landline" for your address should be entered into the "Primary Phone Number For This Address" field found immediately below your address information. Be sure to enter the area code and phone number in their appropriate boxes.
6. In the first field under Phone Type, select Cellular from the drop-down menu and enter your cell phone area code and phone number into the corresponding fields.
FINAL NOTICE: The Cellular phone type is used to receive text message alerts to your cell phone using the Hill Alert system. Make sure that this is the first field under the Phone Type list to ensure you receive all Hill Alerts.
7. Once you have completed the changes, just click on the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
8. You'll be brought back to the Update Addresses and Phones page. You can continue modifying another address type, navigate back to My Profile (students) or My Employee Profile (Employees), or close the browser tab.
The Department of Information Technology provides college-wide technology services to Stonehill students, faculty and staff.