Students working through the Stonehill College's Student Employment Programs gain marketable skills and valuable work experience while defraying the cost of their education. Our program is committed to providing a space beyond the classroom that encourages student learning. Working on campus provides students with the opportunity to acquire and enhance certain workplace skills, knowledge, and abilities that are transferable for the post-college job market. Students applying for jobs should exhibit professionalism and a strong work ethic throughout the hiring process, as well as on the job.
Information regarding Federal Awards, please contact Office of Student Financial Assistance at ext. 1299.
For International Students, please contact the Office of Intercultural Affairs at ext. 1409.
Before beginning your job search
If you are a returning student being rehired in the same position as prior year, your supervisor should have already placed you on the rehire list. The only paperwork you will need to complete is your Direct Deposit information if that has changed. Otherwise, you will receive an email confirmation once your rehire has been processed.
Finding a New Job on Campus
Your first step prior to job search and applying for a new job is to make sure that you must have accepted a Federal Work Study (FWSP) or a Stonehill Employment (SEP) award. For more information on the award program please Click Here.
Once you have accepted your award, you can begin your job search!
For information regarding Off Campus positions, please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance at ext. 1299.
Once Hired for a Position
Student employees must not begin working until they have competed all required paperwork. You should not begin to work until a timesheet has been created in myHill.
- If you have never worked on Campus, you will need to complete a I9 Form with your hiring manager.
- Once your I-9 form is completed, the hiring manager will submitted to the Student Employment office.
- You will receive an email message "You are hired" from the Student Employment office to complete your W-4 (Federal Form), M-4 (State form and Direct Deposit through myHill Self-Service Portal.
Your supervisor may provide you with a formal or informal Student New Hire Orientation. The orientation will include the following:
- Introduction to the department and team
- Review the expected hours and the timesheet process in myHill
- Review the job duties
- Provide a clear overview of college and department procedures and expectations as an employee
- Establish a proper training
Filling out your Timecard
All student workers must enter actual hours worked directly into their timecard through myHill. Student employees are responsible for the accuracy of hours entered. Supervisors are responsible for verifying and approving their student employee timecard in myHill.
Please work with your supervisor on how to submit a timecard!
Paychecks are issued via direct deposit for hours worked on a biweekly Friday basis.