Work Study & Student Employment
Work study and student employment (or “job aid”) are programs that provide part-time employment for students. Job aid often helps defray day-to-day costs of attending college – like books or computers.
We administer both the Federal Work Study Program (FWSP) and a Student Employment Program (SEP).
Federal Work-Study Program (FWSP)
Federal Work-Study is a federally-subsidized part-time employment program administered by the College.
FWSP students might be employed by Stonehill; a federal, state, or local public agency; a private nonprofit organization; or a private for-profit organization. FWSP students are given priority for work-study jobs during the first four weeks of school.
Student Employment Program (SEP)
The Student Employment Program is an on-campus part-time employment program funded and administered by the College. Students ineligible for the need-based FWSP may be employed through SEP, after the first month of school.
Important notes regarding FWSP and SEP:
The work award amount shown on the Financial Aid Award Letter is not a guaranteed financial resource, but rather a limit to the amount you may earn during the academic year through FWSP or SEP.
- The work award is earned by working part-time in a position posted online by Student Financial Assistance. SEP recipients may not apply for off-campus positions.
- Exceeding a work award may result in the loss of other sources of aid. Students must monitor and pace their earnings so that they do not exceed the award amount.
- Because it is your responsibility to monitor your earnings, contact Student Financial Assistance at 508-565-1088, Duffy, Room 103, to discuss options if earnings approach the value of the work award.
- Paychecks are issued via direct deposit for hours worked on a biweekly basis; therefore, the award amount is not deducted from your tuition bill.
- Incoming and/or first-time students with a FWSP award will be sent instructions and employment paperwork over the summer.
- Students are not eligible to begin working prior to notification of approval.