Campus Closure Information
During inclement weather events, the College strives to operate on the principle of maintaining services for our students without unrealistically compromising safety.
College Closure and Delayed Opening Policy
Should the College need to close due to a weather emergency, all in-person operations, including classes, events, activities, etc., will be cancelled. The only exception will be for employees who are assigned to work in essential service areas, as defined by the College. These areas include Facilities, the Stonehill College Police Department, dining operations, and other personnel as needed. Closure decisions are made ideally by 6:30 a.m. on the day of a significant weather event.
Ways to Discover Closure Announcements
1. Hill Alert System: The Hill Alert system will be used to announce College closings and sent directly to community members via text and email messages.
2. College voicemail line: Call (508) 565-5000. A voicemail recording announcing closures will be available. Please try again if the line is busy.
3. Stonehill.edu homepage: A pop-up notice will also be placed on the college website's homepage.
3. Local news stations: Closing announcements will be broadcast on WBZ AM Radio 1030; WBZ TV Channel 4 Boston; WCVB TV Channel 5 Boston; WHDH TV Channel 7 Boston; WXFT TV Channel 25 Boston; and Stonehill Channel 70.
4. Twitter: Campus closures will be announced via Stonehill College's Twitter page.
In the event that the College does not close, but conditions in your locale make it impossible to travel, please use your best judgment. Your safety should always be the top priority.
If the College delays opening by two hours on any given business day, all classes and events scheduled to begin prior to 10 a.m. will be cancelled. The only exception to this guideline will be classes designated as “all-day.”
If a delay or cancellation occurs during the final exam period, the missed exam will be re-scheduled either during the make-up time period or on the day following the last date of scheduled exams.
The College may also close early because of weather conditions. We will make every attempt to announce the decision at least two hours before the time that the College will close.