Out of an abundance of caution and safety, the Skyhawk Shuttle will not operate for the Fall 2020 semester. Although we encourage limiting your time off campus to minimize risk to yourself and others, we have replaced the service that the Shuttle provided on Fridays and Saturdays with our rideshare program, which will be extended to include those days as well.
Beginning this fall, Stonehill has partnered with Lyft to provide an additional choice for students in their rideshare experience. We created this partnership with both Uber and Lyft to provide students with a low-cost alternative for transportation to and from predetermined off-campus locations. Students can use these services to and from Stonehill, and the College will cover the first $20* each way.
Uber & Lyft pickup locations are the following parking lots:
- Duffy Lot
- Holy Cross Lot
- Chapel of Mary Lot
- Notre Dame du Lac South Lot
Stonehill students can request a ride to/from anywhere on campus to any of the following options:
- Logan Express Braintree
- Quincy Adams T Station
- South Shore Plaza
- Stoughton Commuter Rail
- Westgate Mall, Brockton (which includes Market Basket)
For the Fall 2020 semester, this program will begin on the first day of classes and is available every day from 6 a.m.-2 a.m.
General Guidelines and Safety
In traveling with both Lyft and Uber, we want to provide you with best practices in safety while using these services. If you choose to travel, we encourage you to visit their websites for the most up-to-date information.
The following requirements are in currently place for both Lyft and Uber:
- Do not ride or drive if you have COVID-19, think you have it, or have related symptoms.
- Wear a face covering at all times.
- Keep the car—and your hands—clean.
- Before you head out for your ride, think about what to have on hand (like sanitizer and a face covering). Sanitize your hands before touching anything in the car. Don’t leave trash behind.
- The CDC recommends washing your hands for at least 20 seconds, using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content, and if you must cough or sneeze, do it into a tissue or your elbow.
- Sit in the back seat.
- Put some distance between yourself and your driver.
- During the ride, think about small changes you can make to reduce contact throughout the ride, like handling your own luggage, using your own phone charger, and bringing your own water.
- Keep the car windows open.
- When possible, open the windows during your ride, or leave them open if that’s the way you find them. This helps to increase the air circulation in the car.
As we get closer to the start of the Fall semester, we will send sign up links for those who do not have Stonehill Uber and Lyft accounts. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Engagement at 508-565-1308 or via email.
In order to gain access to the Stonehill profile, please follow the steps in the invitation sent to you by Uber for Business & Lyft. From there, you will be able to switch over to the Stonehill profile to take any eligible ride. If you did not receive an invitation, please contact the Office of Student Engagement.
*If you try to request a ride on the Stonehill profile that doesn’t meet the criteria, you will be prompted to go to your personal Uber or Lyft profile.