Advances must be based on a reasonable estimate of the anticipated expenses, and must be drawn within a reasonable period of time before the expenses are likely to be incurred. The Advance payment can be requested in cash or check/ACH. All requests should be submitted to the Accounts Payable Department of the Controller's Office within 10 days prior to the travel and/or event date.
Steps to request Travel/Cash Advance:
- Complete the top section of the Cash/Travel Advance Form
- Obtain approval from your Budget Approver
- Submit the form to the Accounts Payable Dept
- AP will notify you once the cash/check is ready for pick up
Reconcile Travel/Cash Advance:
A Travel Reconciliation Form with receipts is due to the Controller’s Office within 15 days of the Advance. Any excess cash must be returned to the Cashier’s Office within 3 days of return from the trip. At no time will any individual be issued a cash advance if he/she has an unreconciled advance still pending.
- Complete the bottom section of the Cash/Travel Advance Form
- Attach all receipts and supporting documents for the Advance
- Any unspent cash must be returned to the Controller's Office and any overspent expenses can be reimbursed through the Employee Expense Reimbursement process.