Places where visual and performing arts majors have recently interned include:
- Art of the Event Inc.
- Boston Ballet
- Boston Magazine
- Bristol Recording Studios
- Eat. Drink. Mingle. Group
- KW Design
- Life Care Centers of America
- Little Dolce Photography
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Peabody Essex Museum
- Seventeen Magazine
- Special Olympics
- The Sun Chronicle
Campus Resources & Opportunities
The Carole Calo Gallery
The Carole Calo Gallery is a working gallery space where students annually curate a professional exhibition and that hosts other professional exhibitions throughout the year.
Students study on-site at museums, galleries and historical sites in New England and New York as well as study-abroad programs in Florence, Perugia, London or Paris.
The Arts Outreach pairs elementary school students with Stonehill mentors during the academic year.
This student-run graphic design service regularly does work for campus organizations and off-site, non-profit institutions.
Student Chapter of AIGA
American Institute of Graphic Arts - the professional association for graphic designers.
Music Technology Lab
Housed in Cushing-Martin Hall, this state-of-the art resource enables students to create music digitally, sync it to video and more.
A 250-seat facility that stages theater productions and dance company performances.
Other campus resources
- Digital Photography Lab
- New Dance Studios
- New Music Studios
- Individual and Group Art Studios
- State-of-the art Graphic Design Studio
- Traditional Letterpress for Graphic Design
- Ticket Liaison Program with the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Digital Photography Lab
- Analog Photography Darkroom
Career Development Resources for Students
The Stonehill Career Development Center offers extensive assistance to students seeking employment, pursuing advanced studies or participating in postgraduate service opportunities. By completing internships and utilizing mentors, students are empowered to build lifelong career management skills.
Visual & Performing Arts-specific career resources
- Extensive on-campus recruiting program for internships and entry-level positions
- Annual career fairs
- Various industry-specific career lunches – arts administration, nonprofits
- Externships and internships in New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C. (weeklong and semesterlong programs).
- Boston Interactive Web Designer
- Cengage Learning Associate Content Project Manager
- Gibbes Museum of Art Membership Coordinator
- New Hampshire Historical Society Education Programs Coordinator
- Smithsonian Institution Education Specialist