Music Concentration & Minor
Students in the Performing Arts major – Music concentration and the Music minor experience classes and ensembles that inspire creativity and maximize their potential guided by faculty who provide individual coaching and instruction.
Students in the Music program have the chance to immerse themselves in a variety of musical experiences:
- Perform in vocal and instrumental ensembles
- Study music technology
- Make a bold musical statement in Piano Workshop
- Learn about music history, theory, composition and world music
Performing Arts, B.A., Music Concentration
The Performing Arts major with a concentration in Music requires the completion of eight courses plus nine additional credits of performance-based work.
The Music minor requires the completion of 18 credits.
Prospective students are encouraged to contact Professor James Bohn at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition.
Sample Music Courses
Hear Her Voice! Women Music Makers, Religion and Spirituality
A Focus on Performance
The Music program sponsors both large and small performance opportunities:
- Stonehill College Concert Ensemble
- Stonehill Collegiate Chorale
- Stonehill College Guitar Ensemble
- Stonehill Music Technology Ensemble
Founded in 1986, the Stonehill Collegiate Chorale is comprised of Stonehill undergraduates, faculty, staff and experienced singers from the local community.
"Soundtrack of Life" Music Therapy Program
Students have interned with Life Care Centers of America, Bristol Recording Studios in Boston, and Colors Worldwide in Los Angeles.
Career Development Resources
The Stonehill Career Development Center offers extensive assistance to students seeking employment, pursuing advanced studies or participating in postgraduate service opportunities. By completing internships and utilizing mentors, students are empowered to build lifelong career management skills.
Visual & Performing Arts Specific Career Resources
- Extensive on-campus recruiting program for internships and entry-level positions
- Annual career fairs
- Various industry-specific career lunches – arts administration, nonprofits
- Externships and internships in New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C. (weeklong and semesterlong programs).
- Boston Interactive Web Designer
- Cengage Learning Associate Content Project Manager
- Gibbes Museum of Art Membership Coordinator
- New Hampshire Historical Society Education Programs Coordinator
- Smithsonian Institution Education Specialist