Wednesday, March 23, 2016
- The Library joins with the College in mourning the passing of our longest serving president, Rev. Bartley MacPháidín ’59, C.S.C.
- Pilot Program: Book a Study Room Online
- Please take our survey! Designing an Institutional Repository
- Come chat with us! Reference Chat Services on the Library Website
- Easter Hours: For complete Library hours over the holiday weekend, please visit our Hours page. We will be closed Friday-Sunday, March 25th-27th.
- Off Campus Access: The Library has been creating a series of videos to help faculty, staff and students use library resources. You can find all of our videos on our Library Instructional Videos LibGuide. Heading home over Easter Break? View our video on enabling your off-campus access to Library databases, ebooks and other digital resources.
- Check Out Our Improved LibGuides Homepage: The Library has redesigned the homepage for LibGuides, the Library's gateway to electronic resources, starting point for subject-specific research tools, and more. When you visit LibGuides, you will see our subject guides prominently displayed on the homepage. On the right, you will find a drop-down menu for class-specific guides, our citation guides, and links to access our How-to Guides and more.
- Centennial Ireland: Revolution and The Easter Rising 1916-2016: On Tuesday, March 29th from 5-7pm at Bridgewater State University, a panel of speakers will discuss the history and legacy of the Easter Rising. This event is free and open to the public, and classes are welcome! The event takes place in the Heritage Room, Maxwell Library, BSU. For more information contact Liz Chase, firstname.lastname@example.org, 508-565-1329.
- Faculty Database Requests: The Library is reviewing our databases to identify goals for future electronic resource acquisitions. While our FY17 database budget will be fully allocated to existing resources, we would like to identify potential future resources to enhance faculty teaching and research and student learning. We are interested in your requests for both resources to support new majors and programs and existing needs. To nominate a database for consideration, please send the database name, information about its centrality to research and teaching in your field(s), and courses/majors/minors for which this resource would be relevant to Liz Chase,email@example.com.
- Faculty Feedback Requested: The Library is evaluating our subscription to Swank for streaming access to major motion pictures. If you have used Swank films in your courses, we would greatly appreciate your feedback on your experience. Please email Heather Perry, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gift Books from April-August: From April 1-August 31, the Library will not be accepting gift books. We will resume gift book donations in September. If you have any questions, please contact Liz Chase, email@example.com, 508-565-1329.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!