- Access Services is responsible for maintaining all circulating collections of books and media and for staffing The Desk. Access Services staff at The Desk manage all patron accounts for the library and Interlibrary Loan.
- Books, journal articles and other materials not owned by Stonehill can be borrowed through Interlibrary Loan from other libraries. Interlibrary Loan is available to any current Stonehill student, faculty or staff.
- Course reserves are located at The Desk. They also provide assistance with network printers and scanners.
- Access Services staff is also responsible for helping with Open Access and Open Educational Resources.
- The Library Director oversees all of the library's activities.
Archives & Historical Collections
- The Archives and Historical Collections of Stonehill College are non-circulating and open to researchers. The College Archives collects the official records of the school and accepts donations from faculty and alumni relating to their work or education at Stonehill.
Information Systems & Services
- The Information Systems and Services group houses the Cataloging and Metadata and the Collections and Acquisitions departments.
- The staff of the Cataloging and Metadata office maintains the Online Catalog of the MacPháidín Library. It is here that you will search to find out what materials are available in the library. These materials include books, videocassettes, musical CD's, computer CD-ROMS and disks as well as electronic journals available through the Internet.
- The Collections and Acquisitions group is responsible for ordering all materials for the library's collection including, books, DVDs, journals & newspapers, databases, microforms and streaming media.
- The MacPháidín Library has been a participant in the U. S. Federal Depository Library Program since 1962. Stonehill College, in cooperation with the United States Government, serves the campus and the surrounding communities as a selective Government Depository.
Research, Teaching and Digital Scholarship
- The Research, Teaching and Learning group consists of the Reference team and the Digital Innovation Lab.
- Members of the RTL team assist the students, faculty and staff of Stonehill College in using the resources of the MacPháidín Library. They can be reached through The Desk.