Alumni & Visitor Information
Spring 2022 Note: The library is open to visitors who have appointments beginning on January 31, 2022. To make an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MacPháidín Library is open to the general public. Please take note of the following information regarding policies governing use of the library by alumni and visitors.
- Precedence will be given to current Stonehill College students, faculty and staff in the use of seating, reference service, computers and other library equipment (printers, photocopier, scanners, etc.).
- Staff availability and time will, of necessity, limit reference service to outside visitors.
- The MacPháidín Library is a U.S. Government Documents Depository. These materials are available for public use.
- Library staff reserves the right to examine all materials taken from the building.
Final Exam Information: Each semester the library closes to all outside visitors and alumni for the college's Final Exam Period. Please check the library's posted hours for more information on the exact dates that the library is closed to the general public.
Stonehill College Alumni
- Please provide a current driver’s license and fill out an Alumni form. We will validate your eligibility on the alumni list.
- Borrowing privileges are non-transferrable. Only the individual registered is eligible to borrow.
- Alumni may borrow up to 4 items; books or media.
- Books & CDs circulate for 30 days and may be renewed once if not requested by another patron.
- DVDs circulate for 7 days and may be renewed once if not requested by another patron.
- All items are subject to recall if needed by another patron.
- Recalled books are subject to overdue fines.
Off-campus individuals who belong to one of the following groups are eligible to borrow from the MacPhaidin Library.
SMCL Direct borrowers (Current students or faculty)
- Bridgewater State University
- Wheaton College
- UMass Dartmouth
Other special borrowers
- Area clergy
- Teachers in the Easton school system
For those visitors listed above, please show proof of eligibility and a current driver's license to obtain a library card.
- Borrowing privileges are Non-Transferable. Only the individual registered is eligible to borrow.
- The number of books borrowed by those visitors listed above is limited to 4 books (SMCL -6 books).
- Books circulate for 30 days and may be renewed once if not requested by another patron.
- All materials loaned are subject to recall if needed by another patron.
- Late books and recalled books are subject to overdue fines.
Occasionally library privileges are granted to other off-campus individuals who require access to the library for research purposes. You may request an application at The Desk. Applications will be reviewed by the Open Access Systems and Services Librarian and you will be notified if your request is approved.
The MacPháidín Library is not a member of the Old Colony, SAILS or other Massachusetts library network. If you have a library card with a public library, you can have that library request material from the MacPháidín Library through interlibrary loan.