Peer Health Educator's (PHE's) are undergraduate student volunteers through the Health and Wellness Center. PHE's are trained in health and wellness topics such as alcohol education, stress reduction, healthy eating, healthy relationships, gender based violence prevention issues, drug abuse and much more. PHE's meet regularly with the Wellness Coordinator to learn about emerging topics and to help plan and implement wellness programming for students. Examples of wellness programming conducted by PHE's include:
- One Love Dating Violence Prevention Workshop
- Stress Free Finals
- Eating Disorder Awareness presentations
- Think Your Drink: Binge drinking prevention programs
- Healthy Relationship Workshops
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so apply today! To apply for the Peer Health Educator volunteer position, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and along with the answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to become a peer educator in the Health and Wellness Center?
- Describe your past experiences, including any leadership positions that qualify you for this position.
- Describe a situation in which you were a significant help to someone?
- Why did you choose help?
- Describe your helping actions/behaviors?
- Describe a situation in which you had to be objective/nonjudgmental?
- What are your strengths and weakness?