Wednesday, November 2, 2016
- Win Free Books! - Got a research paper or project coming up? Try our new conceptual discovery tool, Yewno, to save time and find high-quality academic sources. You’ll also be entered into our competition to win free books for a term!
- The Choice 2016 - Learn more about the upcoming presidential election with this selected Frontline film, The Choice 2016.
- The Human Library at Stonehill - On Thursday, October 27th, the MacPhaidin Library hosted its first Human Library event.
- MacPhaidin Library Featured on the November 2016 Cover of Choice Magazine - Choice, a publication of the Association of College and Research Libraries (a division of the American Library Association), features the MacPhaidin Library on the November 2016 issue. The picture was taken by Systems Librarian, Jennifer Macaulay.
- Angelina Singer ’19 Publishes Her First Book, “Just Like a Pill” - The Brockton Enterprise recently featured sophomore, Angelina Singer ’19, and her recently published Sci-Fi romantic comedy book, “Just Like a Pill”. Singer reported using her spare time to write parts of her book in the MacPhaidin Library. Congratulations to Angelina!
- Dean's Forum on November 4th: Professor Alessandro Massarotti of Physics and Astronomy will present "The Role of Molten Rock under Tectonic Plates" on November 4th at 2:30pm in the DisCo.
- "What's Up Thursdays - A Community Conversation" is a bi-weekly brown bag lunch series taking place from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the DisCo. The goal of the time together is to deepen dialogue and reflection about national occurrences surrounding issues of diversity, inclusion, and social justice. The next conversation will take place on November 10th. For more information, click here.
- Dean's Forum on November 11th: Professor Ginger Meng of Business Administration will present on November 11th at 2:30pm in the DisCo.
- November is National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Month: Scroll to the bottom of the library website to view a selection of videos and books regarding Alzheimer's Disease.
- Visit the CWAA: Want some feedback on a paper? Want to review course content? Visit the peer tutors in the Center for Writing and Academic Achievement (CWAA), Room 314 in the library! Please check the CWAA website for schedules and satellite services.
- One-On-One Consultations Available: Need help with a paper or a final project? Let the Reference librarians help you. Click here for more information.
- Student User Study: The MacPhaidin Library is conducting a longitudinal assessment of reference and instruction programs. More information about the study is available here.
- New library discovery tool available for beta testing on campus! Stonehill joins MIT and Stanford as one of the first beta testers of Yewno's educational tool for discovery. Faculty that are interested in using Yewno for their fall courses should contact their library liaison to discuss ideas. More information is available on the Yewno LibGuide.
- Continuing the conversation on diversity from Academic Development week, the MacPhaidin Library has created a LibGuide on Diversity and Inclusion. This LibGuide will be updated so be sure to check back frequently.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!