Wednesday, January 27, 2016
- New Nineteenth-Century Religious Studies Donations
- IT Specialists in the Library
- New Ejournals Portal
- Who Visited the Reference Librarians this Fall?
- Dean's Forum, Friday, January 29, 2016, Martin Auditorium: Ana Popa & Bonnie Pomfret from Visual and Performing Arts will give a talk entitled "What about women composers? Josephine Lang at 200 years." Refreshments start at 2:30pm, with the talk beginning promptly at 2:40pm. All are welcome!
- From 'Reluctant Reader' to City's Assistant Library Director: Joe Middleton, Head of Reference, was featured in this week's Monday Morning Update, in a story about how alumnus Jason Horner evolved from being a self-described “reluctant reader” to become assistant director of the Marlborough Public Library (MPL) beginning in August 2015. Read more here.
- New York Times GroupPass: It's the start of a new semester, so be sure to activate or reactivate your New York Times GroupPass while on Hillspot. To activate your pass click here.
- Education Society Author Event on Campus: On February 2, 2016, at 7pm in Alumni Hall, children's author Nancy Belkov will be joining members of the Education Society to discuss her work on mathematical children's books.
- New Archives exhibit now open: Mid-Century Brockton: A Look Back at the 1950s and 1960s (As Photographed by Stanley Bauman). This exhibit is on display in the David Ames Gallery of Cushing-Martin Hall. Stay tuned because the Archives plans to put an online version of the exhibit up in late February!
- Trish McPherson, Information Literacy & Outreach Librarian, recently published a"Tips and Trends" article with the Association of College and Research Libraries on the use of tablets in higher education. You can read her article here.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!