Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Spring 2017 Hours: View the library's hours for the spring 2017 semester.
- Fighting Fake News: This week's Monday Morning Update featured a story about how Stonehill Faculty and librarians are working together to teach critical news literacy
- Learning Starts at the Library - Spring 2017: Space in the DisCo and the Info Café are going fast! We already have 45 sessions booked for the Spring 2017 semester.
- Celebrating Sue Conant's Retirement: On January 5th, 2017, the Library staff celebrated the retirement of Sue Conant, Associate Director of the Library and Circulation Director who had worked in the library for 34 years.
- New Carpeting: The second floor and the third floor computer lab were carpeted with new carpet tiles over the winter break. Visit the second floor and third floor for quieter study spaces.
- Dean's Forum Book Launch: Professor Jungyun Gill of the Sociology department will present her book "Unequal Motherhoods and the Adoption of Asian Children: Birth, Foster, and Adoptive Mothers" on Friday, January 27th, 2017 beginning at 2:30pm in the south rotunda of the first floor of the MacPhaidin Library.
- Study Rooms are Filling Up Fast! Group study rooms may be booked online up to one week in advance. For more information on how to book a group study room, click here.
- White House Books: Check out some of the library's collection of books regarding the White House. Scroll to the bottom of the library homepage to view the book feed.
- Visit the CWAA: Want some feedback on a paper? Want to review course content? Visit the peer tutors in the Center for Writing and Academic Achievement (CWAA), Room 314 in the library! Please check the CWAA website for schedules and satellite services.
- New library discovery tool available for beta testing on campus! Stonehill joins MIT and Stanford as one of the first beta testers of Yewno's educational tool for discovery. More information is available on the Yewno LibGuide.
- Continuing the conversation on diversity from Academic Development week, the MacPhaidin Library has created a LibGuide on Diversity and Inclusion. This LibGuide will be updated so be sure to check back frequently.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!