Wednesday, August 24, 2016
- Did you know for each year that members of the Class of 2020 have been alive "the U.S. population has grown by more than one million Latinos"? For more fun facts about this year's incoming class, check out the Beloit College Mindset List, a list of perspectives about incoming first-year students based on events and trends throughout their lives. To view the Class of 2020 Mindset List, click here.
- New library discovery tool available for beta testing on campus! Stonehill joins MIT and Stanford as one of the first beta testers of Yewno's educational tool for discovery. Faculty that are interested in using Yewno for their fall courses should contact their library liaison to discuss ideas. More information is available on the Yewno LibGuide.
- Continuing the conversation on diversity from Academic Development week, the MacPhaidin Library has created a LibGuide on Diversity and Inclusion. This LibGuide will be constantly updated so be sure to check back frequently.
- Be sure to update your New York Times group pass. Our license agreement requires users to update their account once a calendar year from on-campus. For more information about accessing your New York Times group pass account, please click here.
- Faculty feedback gets results! SWANK recently updated its interface for a better user experience. It works on multiple platforms across various browsers. Watch a popular film through the new interface. For more information, please email Heather Perry, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New and updated services: The Library will be gaining a digital innovation lab on the first floor (Room 106). The testing room has moved to the second floor (Room 202). More information will follow in an upcoming newsletter.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!