Wednesday, April 12, 2017
- Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month: This April, Stonehill College’s Office of Intercultural Affairs is celebrating Asian-Pacific Islander-Desi American Heritage Month. The month’s events honor and celebrate the cultures, histories, and legacies of Asian, Pacific Islander, and Desi people.
- Easter Hours: View the Library's Easter holiday hours.
- Earth Day & eBooks: Are you looking for ways to cut down on your environmental impact this Earth Day? Did you know you can highlight, bookmark, and take notes online in library eBooks?
- Write a Limerick for National Poetry Month: Write a limerick about you, your friends, college life, the Library, or Stonehill! Enter the Library's poetry contest for a chance to win a prize!
- Off-Campus Access: Are you traveling over the Easter holiday? Many, but not all, Library resources are available off-campus. For more information, click here.
- It's On Us: The photo board from the "It's On Us" campaign sponsored by SGA last semester is now on display in the Sports Complex. The campaign aims to end sexual assault on campus; students, faculty, and staff wrote personal statements on many whiteboards. SGA printed their pictures to make the photo board, which was on display in the Library before moving to the SpoCo.
- Patriot's Day & Perfect Strangers: The Library has a copy of the 2017 DVD Patriot's Day and the memoir Perfect Strangers: Friendship, Strength, and Recovery After Boston's Worst Day by Roseann Sdoia that features first-responder Mike Materia '02 in response to the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings.
- Library Hours During Finals: The Library will again have extended hours during the final exam period. The full schedule will be available on the Library Hours page soon.
- Student User Survey Winners: Congratulations to Olivia Phillips '20 and Zacharie Oudin '20, winners of the Library Student User Survey prizes!
- Disney Skype Series: Please join us Tuesday, April 18th at 6:30 p.m. in the DisCo for a Disney Skype series with Greg Ehrbar. Ehbar is a two time Grammy nominated freelance writer and producer in the Greater Los Angeles Area. He previously worked for the Walt Disney Company, as well as in their Yellow Shoes Creative Division.
- Tax Day is Tuesday, April 18th: Are you scrambling to submit your tax returns on time? Here are some helpful links to assist you with filing your federal and state returns.
- Study Rooms Are Available Up to Two Weeks in Advance: As the end of the semester and final exams near, study rooms are in high demand. Take advantage of booking a study room online. For more information, click here.
- Need Help with Citations? The Library has a collection of citation guides to assist you with proper style and format. You can access the citation guides here. If you need additional help, contact one of the reference librarians at email@example.com.
- Take a Study Break in the Library: Need a fun way to take a break from studying? Grab a friend, come to the library, and browse the selection of games available. We have popular board games such as Sorry, Jenga, checkers, Bananagrams, and much more. Games are available on the credenza next to Ace's Place. Please be sure to return the game and all of its pieces when you are finished for the next person to enjoy.
- Visit the CWAA: Want some feedback on a paper? Want to review course content? Visit the peer tutors in the Center for Writing and Academic Achievement (CWAA), Room 314 in the library! Please check the CWAA website for schedules and satellite services.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!