Monday, September 18, 2017
- FYE in the Library: From September 19-22, each of the First-Year Experience sections (665 students) will be visiting the library for an introduction to Library, IT, and CWAA services. Expect the first floor to be very busy from 10am-5:15pm.
- The MacPhaidin Library Turns 20: See pictures from the tree topping ceremony held on September 3, 1997.
- Prof. Duncan Speaks on Anti-Intellectualism: As the recipient of last year's Hegarty Award, Prof. Helga Duncan delivered a thoughtful, engaging speech at this year's Convocation.
- National Hispanic Heritage Month: Working together, United States cultural organizations including the National Gallery of Art, the Library of Congress, the Smithsonian, the National Archives, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, the National Park Service, and the National Endowment for Humanities, celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month each year from September 15 to October 15.
- Faculty Research Forum: This afternoon at 2:30pm, Prof. Thomas Gariepy will give a talk entitled "John Farquhar Fulton, MD (1899-1960): His Postwar Work on the Frontal Labotomy." Please join us in the South End on the first floor.
- What's Up Thursday - Understanding DACA: On Thursday, September 21st, the What's Up Thursdays brown bag lunch will be in Duffy 135 at 12:00 p.m., as the DisCo is in use by the FYE Digital Literacy Week Program.
- Security Certificate Warnings in Library Resources: The library provides off-campus access to databases via a proxy server; due to websites increasing their security protocols, we are seeing a dramatic increase in the number of security certificate warnings received when trying to access resources.
- Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition Available: This September, the University of Chicago Press released its first update to the Chicago Manual of Style in seven years. A print copy of the new edition is available at the reference desk, and our online links have been updated to reflect this; the 16th edition remains available online.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!