Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Where's My Cubby? We promise we’re not just moving things for the fun of it! The Library is getting ready for summer construction that will begin after finals end in May.
- Celebrating St. Patrick's Day: Have you ever wondered how many of our St. Patrick’s Day traditions are “really” Irish? The answer is probably not as many as you’d think!
- Library Intern Perspectives: Rachel Riani '19 This semester in the library, there are two interns! One is current Stonehill student, Rachel Riani ’19, who has joined us as the Web and Social Media Intern.
- Stonehill and the Bridgewater Triangle: You may have noticed strange happenings in the library over the past several weeks such as an intergalactic intern named Linus, but there may be more to it than you think.
- What's Up Thursdays: On Thursday, March 15th at 12:00pm in the DisCo, join us for our next bi-weekly conversation; this week's topic is "Thoughts and Prayers”: Criticism of cliché or criticism of faith?" How can we encourage action towards justice while respecting the diverse responses of individuals and communities? How can we encourage a deepening of a “thoughts and prayers” culture both in terms of healing and action?
- Book Launch: On Friday, March 16th at 2:30pm in the south end of the first floor of the Library, Karen M. Teoh, Professor of History, will discuss her new book Schooling History: Women, Education, and the Overseas Chinese in British Malaya and Singapore, 1850s-1960s.
- Coming Soon: 2018 Student Survey! Later this month, the Library will send out our 2018 Student Survey. We use this survey to help set priorities for our spaces, services, and collections. We want to hear your thoughts! And there will be prizes.
- Lexis Nexis Academic is now Nexis Uni: On February 28th, Lexis Nexis Academic was retired and replaced by Nexis Uni. The new search interface enables quick discovery across all content types, personalized discipline pages for those who set up individual profiles and a collaborative workspace for group assignments. You'll find NexisUni on the Databases LibGuide under "N"; please note that due to the known, ongoing security certificate issues, many features of NexisUni are currently only available on campus. We have provided two links, in order to allow on-campus users to access the full database, and give some options for off-campus use.
- Security Certificate Warnings in Library Resources: The Library provides off-campus access to databases via a proxy server; due to websites increasing their security protocols, we are seeing a dramatic increase in the number of security certificate warnings received when trying to access resources.
- Library of Things: We missed Pi Day yesterday because of the snow. But do you like pie? Do you want to be able to bake a pie? We're looking into a "library of things" and want your suggestions on what to include. Send your ideas to Allison Keaney, email@example.com. Everyone who submits an idea will be entered in a prize drawing for a Jolt Charger.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!