Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Check out what happened in the Library during the Fall 2017 semester!
- Research & Instruction: Curious how many instruction skills videos librarians created for fall courses? View our Research & Instruction infographic for this and more fun facts!
- What Was Popular in the Library? Caramel iced coffee or caramel macchiato? See which was most popular at Ace’s this fall in our What Was Popular? infographic.
- Fall in the Digital Innovation Lab: Can you guess how many hours of podcast recording and editing students in the Digital Lab did this fall? View our Digital Innovation Lab infographic to learn more!
- Library Use this Fall: Want to know what countries we borrowed books from this fall? View our Library Use infographic to see what happened this fall in the Library!
- Library Hours: The Library is now following its regular Spring hours; visit our Library Hours page for more information.
- Introducing Libralien: Over the break, the Library acquired a new intergalactic intern. You may have seen Libralien on our social media. Keep an eye out for his antics this Spring and send your best #Libralien sightings to @macphaidinlibrary on Instagram or Stonehill College MacPhaidin Library on Facebook for a chance to win a Jolt Charger!
- For Faculty – Spring Reserves: Course reserve material requests for both print reserves and electronic reserves (via Ares/eLearn) should be brought to the Circulation Desk as soon as possible and will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Learning Starts at the Library: Space in the DisCo and the Info Cafe are going fast! This fall we launched our new Information Skills Curriculum. You can read our article about the new curriculum here. We offer a wide variety of ways for students to work with the Library, including information skills sessions in the DisCo, small group consultations, one-on-one research consultations, and participation in your course eLearn site. Email email@example.com, call 508-565-1203, or contact your Subject Liaison to discuss Spring instruction.
- Welcome New Graduate Students! Heather Perry, the Liaison for graduate programs, has created a LibGuide to connect IMC graduate students with Library services.
- What can I book? What can you book in the Library? You can book group study rooms and book appointments with a librarian, all online.
- Security Certificate Warnings in Library Resources: The Library provides off-campus access to databases via a proxy server; due to websites increasing their security protocols, we are seeing a dramatic increase in the number of security certificate warnings received when trying to access resources.
- Winter Reading: Check out our winter reading book ribbon on the Library homepage.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!