Wednesday, April 25, 2018
- Who Pays for Research? Have you ever questioned the validity of a source or if the information you’re reading is biased? Rachel Riani '19 spoke with reference librarian, Heather Perry, about one of our library databases, PubMed, which is part of the United States National Library of Medicine.
- Internship Perspective: Rachel Riani '19 Read Rachel's perspective on her experience this semester as the Library's Web and Social Media Intern.
- Summer Access to the Wall Street Journal and New York Times: Before you leave for the summer, be sure to activate (or update) your access to the library’s group pass to The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
- Final Exam Period in the Library: As in past years, the Library will have extended hours during final exams. You can visit our Hours Page for a full listing of building hours.
- The Brockton Tragedy at Moosehead Lake: On May 7, College Archivist Nicole Casper's new book will be published! The book chronicles the tragedy that took place on May 13, 1928, when ten prominent men of Brockton, Massachusetts, headed off on a fishing trip to Moosehead Lake in Maine. After traveling fourteen hours, the group met Maine guide Samuel Budden and boarded the Mac II for the final voyage to their destination. Approximately six miles from the Tomhegan sporting camp, the boat took on water in rough seas and sank, taking Budden and all but one of the adventurers to a watery grave. Jim Benson and Nicole Casper chronicle the event's legacy in two New England communities.
- Book Your Research Consultations Now! The end of the semester will be here before you know it. Be sure to book your one-on-one research consultation with a librarian for help brainstorming research topics, finding books and articles, or determining how best to cite your work. You can book your consultation using LibCal.
- Remember to Return Your Library Books! All students will need to return library materials before May 11th to prevent holds on your account. If you have any questions, please contact Circulation at 508-565-1313.
- Security Certificate Warnings in Library Resources: The Library provides off-campus access to databases via a proxy server; due to websites increasing their security protocols, we are seeing a dramatic increase in the number of security certificate warnings received when trying to access resources.
- Community Service Month Book Ribbon: Amongst the many other celebrations this month, April is also Community Service Month. Visit the Library's home page for a Book Ribbon of related resources.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!