Library Newsletter – May 7, 2019
- Senior Perspectives: Each year the MacPhaidin Library staff recognize the achievements of its student aides. Megan Beatty ‘19, Ethan Fultz ‘19, and Emily Damore ‘19 share their favorite things about working in the library and their plans for after graduation.
- Asian-Pacific Heritage Month: May marks Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month. To mark the month, the Library of Congress, National Archives and Records Administration, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service, Smithsonian Institution, and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum have created a digital collection to “pay tribute to the generations of Asian and Pacific Islanders who have enriched America’s history and are instrumental in its future success.”
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Every newsletter, the library will be featuring a resource for the campus. If you know of a resource you would like us to feature, please email the Library Web and Social Media Team.
- Queer America Podcast: Without LGBTQ history, there is no American history. From Teaching Tolerance and hosts Leila Rupp and John D'Emilio, Queer America takes listeners on a journey that spans from Harlem to the Frontier West, revealing stories of LGBTQ life we should have learned in school.
- Congratulations to the Library's seniors! The Library staff would like to congratulate the following seniors and thank them for their service in the library:
- The Desk: Megan Beatty, Emily Damore, Patrick Doherty, Emma Gagnon, Fran Rizzo, Joe Ferrarini, Bethany Kane, Sebastian Patino, Michaela Sullivan, Ethan Fultz
- Tech Services: Ka Ho Chan
- Reference: Adam Mocciola, Trang Nguyen
- Library staff book recommendations: Several librarians shared their favorite books and what they’re currently reading spanning topics such as pop culture, crime thrillers, historical narratives, and the opioid crisis
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Book Ribbon: Scroll to the bottom of the library homepage to view a selection of books and videos related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Summer Access to the Wall Street Journal and New York Times: Before you leave campus for the summer, be sure to renew your access to WSJ and NYT to ensure interrupted access.
- EZProxy instructions: Using persistent links ensures you are complying with relevant copyright regulations when providing access to materials. This guide will help you create links that are available from on and off-campus.
- Remember to Return Your Library Books! All students will need to return library materials before May 10th to prevent holds on your account. If you have any questions, please contact The Desk at 508-565-1313.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!