Wednesday, September 23, 2015
- New: ebook chapters in JStor!
- #bannedbooksweek Contest
- Growing Climate Justice at Stonehill
- Take Advantage of Our Online Appointment Scheduling!
- Study Rooms Booked? New Quiet Study Area on Level 1: When not in use as a Testing Center, room 106 is available as a quiet study space on the first floor. Read more here.
- Using Kanopy Videos for Public Events: The library has a collection of educational vidoes and documentaries available through Kanopy; these videos can be shown publicly on campus if there is no admissions charge for your event! Kanopy videos say "Access online video (Kanopy)" in the link to the video in HillSearch. For questions, contact Heather Perry at 508-565-1538.
- This Week in the DisCo: Professor Bettina Scholz's class, POL222: Political Ideologies, worked with librarian Liz Chase this week to find ideological images of Liberalism. Students used OneDrive to upload ideas for keyword searches to a shared Word document prior to the class, which Liz then used to talk about how to locate images that met the goals of the assignment. Students had time to research images during the session and upload them to a shared PowerPoint file for a class presentation this Thursday.
- Learning Starts at the Library: Space in the DisCo is going fast! We already have 77 sessions booked in the DisCo for the Fall 2015 semester. We encourage you to contact us with your preferred dates for library instruction. You can email us at email@example.com, call 508-565-1203, or contact your Subject Liaison.
Visit the CWAA: Want some feedback on a paper? Want to review course content? Visit the peer tutors in the Center for Writing and Academic Achievement (CWAA), Room 314 in the library! Please check the CWAA website for schedules and satellite services.
Grove Art Online: The Library now has access to Grove Art Online; this database provides online access to the foremost scholarly art encyclopedia, covering both Western and non-Western art. First published as the landmark 34-volume Dictionary of Art, edited by Jane Turner, the content of Grove Art encompasses all aspects of visual culture. Access Grove Art Online here.
- The Library is now on Instagram! Find us at @macphaidinlibrary.
- Follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!