Welcome to the bi-weekly Library Newsletter! Our Newsletter collects information about events, technology, new programming, and other important Library updates. If you have any questions or would like to request more information on any of the stories seen here, please email Liz Chase, Head of Collections, Assessment, and User Engagement, at email@example.com or call 508.565.1329.
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
- Support Scholarships for Stonehill Students! Stop by the Library and purchase a bejeweled egg created by Rev. Albert Croce, CSC. In 2012 Fr. Albert Croce donated his hand-crafted eggs to Stonehill to be sold to benefit a scholarship in his name.
- Revolutionary Ideas Faculty Lecture Series: The next lecture in the series, "Quantum Waves Part II," by Professor Michael Horne, will take place on Monday, April 14th, at 4pm in the Library.
- Money Smart Week: The American Library Association in conjunction with the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago is sponsoring Money Smart Week taking place April 5 – 12, 2014. Take control of your personal finances with resources available from Money Smart Week.
- Tax Time: Now that it’s the week before taxes are due, are you scrambling to submit your paperwork? You’re not alone! We have collected links to the forms and online filing resources provided by the Federal and State governments.
- Need research help as the end of the semester approaches? The Library has a new service: LibCal, where students can book one-on-one appointments with us for research assistance. Faculty interested in having students meet with librarians individually can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Can You Haiku? April is National Poetry Month and the Library is celebrating by asking students, staff and faculty to write original library or book related haikus. Haikus will be featured on the library’s Facebook page.
- FLPP Call for Applications: The Library and the Center for Teaching and Learning are now recruiting applications for the 2014-2015 Faculty Librarian Partnership Program. Applications are due by Monday, April 14th; the application form is available here. For more information, contact Liz Chase.
- Faculty Publications: If you are a faculty member with a recent book or article publication, we encourage you to submit your publication information to Liz Chase so that we may include your news in our Library Newsletter.
- Associate Professor of Economics Akira Motomura has recently published "MoneyRoundball? The Drafting of International Players by National Basketball Association Teams" in the Journal of Sports Economics. View Professor Motomura's work on the "Online First" page of the Journal of Sports Economics.
- Follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!