Welcome to the Stonehill College Libraries newsletter. This bi-weekly newsletter shares significant updates, news, and events from the Library and Archives. If you have any questions, or would like to suggest a story to our Newsletter team, please email Liz Chase or call (508) 565-1329.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8, 2015
- Poetry Madness: Help the Library celebrate National Poetry Month with our Poetry Madness Bracket!
- Library Open 24/5 During Finals: View our detailed listing of hours for the Spring 2015 final exam period.
- Online Appointment Scheduling: Have a major research paper due? Book a one-on-one research appointment with a Librarian for assistance!
- Managing Your Research: Overwhelmed by citations? We can help!
- Now What? If you’ve ever done research on Google or Google Scholar, you’ve probably gotten to a page asking you to pay to access an article. Don’t do it! The Library can help you access the information you need for free. Read more here.
- Book a Tablet in the Library: Tablets are now available to borrow for use anywhere in the Library, but they are an especially great way to take advantage of the DisCo.
- Call for FLPP applications:The Library is now accepting applications for 2015-2016 Faculty Librarian Partnership Program participants. Read more and access the application form here.
- Taking the DisCo on the Road: Librarians Trish McPherson and Liz Chase traveled to Providence, RI, on April 1st to present at the NERCOMP (Northeast Regional Computing Program) Annual Conference. Their presentation to Information Technology and Library Science professionals focused on the process of designing, implementing, and evaluating the Library’s new Brian J. Flynn Discovery and Collaboration Space. You can access the slideshow and handout from their presentation here.
- It’s Tax Time! Now that it’s the week before taxes are due, are you scrambling to submit your paperwork? You’re not alone! Click here for links to the forms and online filing resources provided by the Federal and State governments.
- Visit the CWAA: Don’t forget, skilled peer tutors are available to assist you with course content and writing assignments. Access the CWAA drop-in schedule here.
- Faculty publications: If you are a faculty member with a recent publication, we encourage you to submit your publication information to Liz Chase so that we may include your news in our Library Newsletter.
- Blog Stories: Do you have other stories you'd like to see featured on our Library Blog? If you have ideas for stories, links to pertinent articles, or other resources you’d like to see featured on our website, please email Liz Chase.
- Follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!