Welcome to the bi-weekly Library Newsletter! Our Newsletter collects information about events, technology, new programming, and other important Library updates. If you have any questions or would like to request more information on any of the stories seen here, please email Liz Chase, Head of Collections, Assessment, and User Engagement, at email@example.com or call 508.565.1329.
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
- Summer Hours begin Friday, May 9th. The Library will close at 4:30pm this Friday, May 9, 2014, and remain closed for the weekend. Our regular summer hours begin on Monday, May 12th.
- New, expanded access to The New York Times! You asked, we're here to answer: Some of you wanted to know if you can access The New York Times from off campus, and the answer is yes! You must first register from on campus, and then you will be able to access The New York Times, using your login, from wherever your summer plans may take you. Be sure to register on campus before leaving for the summer. In addition, you can now use your iPhone or Android New York Times app to access content. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Sam Smith '14 and Kasey Berardi '14: Two of the Library's graduating seniors look back on their experiences at Stonehill College. Sam Smith '14 offers her reflections on the community she's created during her four years, while Kasey Berardi '14 reflects on the role the Library has played in her education.
- Need some summer reading books? Before spring break, we shared information about our Nooks and Kindles, but don't forget that they'll be available over the summer as well!
- Check out our Mother's Day Book Ribbon on the Library homepage. If you scroll down, you'll see a list of books in the Library's collections that talk about mothers and mothering.
- Are you participating in the SURE program this summer? Librarians will be available to provide research assistance to students and faculty participating in SURE projects. Email email@example.com for more information or to set up a meeting.
- We're about to kick off the 2014-2015 Faculty Librarian Partnership Program! On May 16th, next year's FLPP participants will gather for a one-day workshop to begin planning their partnerships. Be on the lookout in late fall for a call for additional Spring 2015 applications.
- Follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!