Welcome to the bi-weekly Library Newsletter! Our Newsletter collects information about events, technology, new programming, and other important Library updates. If you have any questions or would like to request more information on any of the stories seen here, please email Liz Chase, Head of Collections, Assessment, and User Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508.565.1329.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
- What's New in Academic Search Complete: Using cost savings from our continued transition from print to electronic journals, the Library has been able to upgrade from Academic Search Premier to Academic Search Complete. But what does this mean for you, the researcher?
- Federal Links & Presidents' Day: "By George IT IS Washington’s Birthday" appeared in the Winter 2004 issues of National Archives’ Prologue Magazine. C. L. Arbelbide provides a history of the Washington’s Birthday holiday. Was President Washington forgotten?
- Introducing the Psychological and Behavioral Index: Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection is a comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods. This is the world's largest full text psychology database offering full text coverage for nearly 400 journals. The library received access to this new resource as part of our upgrade from Academic Search Premier to Academic Search Complete.
- Need a good book? During the holidays, we shared information about our Nooks and Kindles. They're available for your spring break travels as well.
- Off-campus access during spring break: If you will be travelling over spring break, remember to visit our Off Campus Access page for information on accessing the Library's subscription databases and other online resources from wherever you may be!
- Don’t see what you need? Get it from ILL! If your students will be completing research papers, encourage them to meet with a reference librarian to discuss on-campus resources as well as Interlibrary Loan. You can also share this blog post with them, which provides additional information on the time-frame for receiving ILL requests.
- Faculty Writing Retreat: During Spring Break, the Library will host a Faculty Writing Retreat each day from 8:30am-4:30pm. Reference Librarians will be available for research support. For more information, contact Maria Curtin.
- Spring Break: During spring break, the library will follow College business hours (Open 8:30am-4:30pm), and will not be sending out a newsletter.
- From the Archives: The Archives recently acquired a 1934 photograph of the Ames Baldwin Shovel Company Easton Factor's annual outing, taken August 24, 1934. The photograph was donated by Robert Parsons, whose grandfather worked for the company and is pictured.
- Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook!