Tutoring Services offers a wide range of student support programs and services, all focused on helping each student achieve success. In addition to tutoring, it provides subject-specific labs, writing support, and coaching by peers, all centered on the belief that learning is a process and meeting students where they are.
Our aim is to create a holistic tutoring experience that embraces students from a variety of backgrounds. We strive for students to feel safe and empowered in their tutoring sessions while acknowledging and celebrating differences in age, ability, color, creed, cultural background, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religious affiliation or spiritual affinity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, political viewpoints, or veteran status.
We are an award-winning, CRLA-certified tutoring center with more than 35 specific subjects and comprehensive writing support, we offer students more than tutoring. We offer the space to become successful inside and outside of the classroom.
- Open six days a week including Sundays and evenings.
- Over 35 subjects for individual tutoring and writing.
- All services are free for students including professional writing tutoring.
- Access to a professional writing tutor (writing professors who hold either an M.A. or Ph.D.) at no additional cost which is unique in higher education.
Our peer tutors go through a rigorous selection process and are trained to work with you: any question, any class, any time.
Here is a sample of subjects we tutor.
- Math including Statistics, Finite Math, & Calculus 1 & 2
- Computer Science
- Psychology & Speech Pathology
- Business & Economics
- Foreign Languages: Arabic, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Latin & German
- Physical Sciences: Biochemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Neuroscience, General Chemistry, Genetics, Organic Chemistry & Physics
Need help getting started? Our writing peer tutors can help you at any stage of the writing process in any class. From thought-to-paper, we are here for you.
All Courses in General Education including Literature, Religious Studies, History, & Philosophy
All courses in every major/minor
Physical & Social Sciences
English Language Learning (ELL) Writing
The Navigation Center for Student Success offers tutoring and coaching in a welcoming, professional environment that emphasizes collaborative learning and peer tutoring, supplemented with professional-level support.