General Information

To make an appointment at Health Services, please call 508-565-1307 during business hours (M-F, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM).  Please call earlier in the day to book an appointment if you are requesting a same day appointment or a specific appointment time.

To respect patient confidentiality and to ensure we appropriately book for the student and clinician's scheduling availability, we ask that students call to book their own appointments rather than have a friend or family member call to book an appointment on the student's behalf.

Please do not email individual clinicians or staff members to make an appointment. If this is an emergency, dial 508-565-5555 if on campus and 911 if off-campus.

If this is a medical emergency, please call Campus Police at 508-565-5555 if you are on campus or by dialing 911 if off-campus.

Health Services is located in the Chapel Building at the south entrance.

Stonehill undergraduate student fees cover the cost of visits to Health Services. Students do not have to have the Stonehill College Health Insurance Plan to receive care at Health Services. Insurance is necessary for some laboratory tests ordered at Health Services, diagnostic studies, local walk-in clinic visits, ambulance transportation, emergency room visits and specialty medical provider referrals. These costs may be covered by the student’s own insurance carrier. All undergraduate students need to understand how health insurance works. For additional information on insurance, see the Health Insurance section of our website.

All information a student shares in a medical visit and any information contained in a student’s record is considered confidential. This information will be released only with the written consent of the student or as required by law. On occasion, Health Services receives telephone calls from parents about student’s medical care. If the student is over 18 years of age, Health Services is unable to release any medical information to parents without the student’s explicit permission.

There may be times when transfer of medical care to another health care institution or organization is necessary. In order for medical information to be released, a written release must be signed by the requesting student. More information on how students can request their medical records can be found here

Health Services respects and preserves the privacy and confidentiality of all students. Information whether written, spoken, recorded electronically or printed will receive the same level of protection.

Frequently Asked Questions

Health Services is an appointment-based clinic that is designed to manage acute episodic health problems and the flare-up of chronic problems while you are here at Stonehill. Health Services is staffed by nurse practitioners, a physician assistant, a part-time physician, a health educator and an administrative assistant who are dedicated to one objective: helping you maintain your health so that you can continue your education. They are there to provide you with care, treatment, information and advice about any health problems that develop. The service is always confidential.

The services are available free to all full-time undergraduate students (residents or commuters). Your confidential Health Record form must be on file in the Health Services Office before you can be treated. This form is to be completed by you and your physician and contains your past medical history, current medical problems, your immunization record, and such essential information as medication lists and allergies to medications. All information presented is confidential and available only to members of the Health Services staff.

Health insurance is required by Massachusetts law and it must be an insurance that is billable in Massachusetts. If your private insurance is not comparable, you will need to purchase the school health insurance. Although Health Services does not bill students for our clinician services, health insurance is required for laboratory tests and x-rays ordered by Health Services clinicians, since these diagnostic tests are performed by an outside company or provider. Although enrollment in certain insurance plans through Massachusetts' Medicaid ("Mass Health") does qualify as a comparable insurance, out-of-state Medicaid and insurance policies from other countries are not considered comparable insurance.

The College is not conducting COVID-19 surveillance testing at this time. Symptomatic testing will remain available at The Office of Health Services. Symptomatic students wanting to book an appointment at Health Services for evaluation may be required to have Covid-19 testing performed prior to their appointment in Health Services, as determined by Health Services protocols. A staff member from the office will be able to provide instructions for students at the time the student calls the office to book their appointment. As always, if a student is feeling unwell at any point throughout the semester, they are advised to notify their professors and contact Health Services.

It is highly recommended that students have additional rapid tests in their residence hall for personal use. 

For general Covid-19 Updates from the College please visit the Stonehill Covid-19 Information page

With the end of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, Stonehill College Health Services will end universal masking within Health Services.

Patients are still required to wear a mask in Health Services if they: 

  • Have a fever or other flu-like symptoms 
  • Have a known COVID-19 infection and are in their isolation period 
  • Have a known exposure to COVID-19 within the last 10 days (identified close contacts)

Masks will continue to be available at our office for students that are required to wear a mask based on symptoms or exposure and for students that prefer to wear a mask for their appointment. 

In the future, there may be circumstances when our policies are updated to include targeted or broader masking. We will continue to re-evaluate our policies according to the MA Department of Public Health and CDC guidelines with the health of our community in mind, and adjust as needed. We will keep patients informed of any changes. 

For general Covid-19 Updates from the College please visit the Stonehill Covid-19 Information page

Stonehill College Health Services does not possess the necessary infrastructure to store and manage students’ prescription medication from home on a long-term basis.   The students at Stonehill are responsible for self-management around their medications, which includes obtaining and storing their own medications and taking them as directed. Our medical office does not store medications for students and do not typically administer a student's daily maintenance medications to them. It is advisable for students to keep all necessary medications in a safe/private place in their residence hall room or carry them as per the prescribing healthcare professional's instructions. Some of our students have a small medication lockbox, depending on the medications that they are taking.  

Health Services does not stock an inventory of routine or travel Immunizations. There are a number of local retail pharmacies in close proximity to campus, and it is recommended that students inquire with a pharmacy to see if a vaccination they are seeking is available.  The closest is the CVS located at 555 Washington Street, Easton, MA, 02357 (less than a 1 mile drive from campus). Their telephone number is 508-238-3476. For information regarding local travel immunization clinics please visit the Travel Health and Safety section of our website.

Each year, Health Services does arrange to have some on-campus Flu Vaccine Clinics, so students should look for those announcements each fall on the Seasonal Flu section of our website.

Students with a prescription requiring needle supplies should obtain all related supplies from their prescribing provider and bring these supplies to campus, storing as directed according to the prescription packaging. In addition to the needle supplies they should plan to bring a small “sharps box” with them to campus for personal use in their dorm room to dispose of medication supplies safely. Sharps boxes can be purchased at a medical supply store.  Often one small box will last a student for an entire semester. At the end of the semester the student can close the box according to instructions and bring it to Health Services where we will arrange for disposal of the hazardous waste, as this item cannot be thrown away in general trash. Students can always call Health Services with any questions or concerns surrounding this topic, and we are happy to help navigate the student through what will work best for their personal situation.

  1. In general, Health Services is available to help students obtain proper care, information, or accommodation information for a number of medical conditions. Health Services can provide you with recommendations for on-campus or local community resources that provide services for issues such as tuberculosis treatment, sexually transmitted infections, eating disorders, psychiatric care, or certain disabilities.  We encourage students to contact us directly with their specific needs.
  2. When a student has a chronic disease such as diabetes, epilepsy, eating disorders, etc., we will need a summary from your physician.  In consultation with your physician, we can monitor you, as needed, while you are at school.
  3. We can arrange for the transfer of your medical records/immunization records to another school.
  4. Referrals can be made to the Stonehill College Counseling Services.
  5. Health Services staff is very willing to act in a consultative manner for any health related issue. If you have any questions or concerns, call ext. 1307 for an appointment.
  6. Flu clinics are offered every fall semester.
  7. Health Education counseling and wellness information is offered through the Health and Wellness Office. Make an appointment with the Health Educator to discuss diet, exercise, stress-management, preventing roommate conflicts, alternative activities to drinking, and much more.

If you are not feeling well you should call Health Services at 508-565-1307 for an appointment with a health care provider. Same day appointments are almost always available. Students should call early in the day if possible. We strive to provide the services students need at their convenience. The average wait time can be 10 -15 minutes during high volume times. The provider can diagnose and treat many of the common health problems of a student on a college campus. Our providers have the authority to prescribe prescription drugs as well as dispense over the counter medications. The physician is also available on a part-time basis to see students with more complex problems. You may be requested to return to see the physician during physician clinic hours.

No, unfortunately we cannot spare staff to be in residence halls as that would leave the clinic understaffed. We can assist you with getting transportation via Campus Police or if you are too ill via ambulance to an emergency room.

The ill student can preorder food using the Sodexo Everyday Bite mobile ordering app and have a friend pick up the food to deliver back to the ill student’s dorm room.  To download the Bite app please visit: or you can find the app on the Apple App Store or Google Play. For specific questions or diet requests please call ext. 1888 to speak to a food service employee.

It is your responsibility to contact your professors prior to your class (or as soon as possible after a missed class) to determine if there are contingency plans for accessing the class material and make any arrangements regarding your make-up work. 

We advise that you call Health Services for an appointment to be seen by a healthcare provider.

Health Services providers do not provide medical excuse notes or speak to professors regarding a student’s appointment. For extenuating circumstances, a member of the Health Services team can help connect students with other resources on campus for academic support or accommodations due to illness or a medical issue.

Any time you are diagnosed with a communicable disease, you need to notify the Health Services office. If you are ill or injured and this results in a long absence from school, you need to notify Health Services and Academic Services.

Please refer to our After Hours page for details.

No, we do not offer routine physicals at Health Services. We can assist you in locating a local facility that will provide physical examinations.

Most laboratory tests needed can and will be collected at Health Services. These specimens are then sent to an outside laboratory for processing. If you need x-rays or other radiological testing, they can be scheduled for you at local facilities. For student convenience we also will draw blood for tests ordered by outside providers. It would then be the outside provider managing the health concern. Laboratory tests sent for processing and diagnostic testing done outside Health Services are billed to your insurance.

If you are referred to a specialist for consultation or further treatment, a list of specialists in the local area is available and you will be assisted with making the appointment. If you are unable to keep medical appointments that have been made, either contact Health Services or cancel the appointment yourself. Again, referral appointments are billed to your insurance.

Remember: Health insurances vary in their coverage for each of the above items. It is important to always present your insurance card and be aware that your insurance may or may not cover the cost of the test or appointment.

When deemed necessary providers will write a prescription that can be filled at one of the local drug stores. The closest is the CVS located at 555 Washington Street, Easton, MA, 02357 (less than a 1 mile drive from campus). Their telephone number is 508-238-3476.  Many over the counter medications can also be found on campus at the Stonehill bookstore.

No, there is not. There is a CVS within walking distance from campus where prescriptions can be sent, if needed. If a student prefers a different local pharmacy for prescriptions, they can inform the clinician at the time of their visit in Health Services. 

  • CVS Pharmacy: 555 Washington Street, Easton, MA, 02357. Their telephone number is 508-238-3476.

Do you have a dietary restriction such as a food allergy or Celiac disease? Would you like to learn more about how to navigate the dining hall? You can make an appointment with Health Services to discuss any medications, medical alerts or other dietary concerns. Our campus dietitian, Kim Pierce, is also available in the Roche Dining Commons Room 105, or 508-565-1879. Learn more about dietary restrictions.

Students having any medical or physical disability are encouraged to contact Health Services in confidence as early as possible before enrollment to ensure coordination of comprehensive medical care and adequate insurance protection. Accommodations are made in coordination with the Office of Accessibility Resources.

The college physician or psychiatrist may determine that an individual student's physical or emotional well being is compromised by living on campus and/or attending classes. In such situations the student may present a danger to himself/herself or to others.

The college physician or college psychiatrist has the authority to recommend to the Dean of Students the removal of such an individual from residency and/or from attendance at classes.

The return of such a student is contingent on a medical determination by the college that the student has sufficiently recovered to resume normal residency or class attendance, as the case may be.

You should contact the facility where you were seen and ask for the bill to be sent directly to the insurance plan. Provide your ID number and the address of the Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk which appears on the back of your ID card. It should be understood that you are responsible for any medical expenses incurred outside of Health Services, that are beyond the defined limits of, or excluded from coverage by the student health insurance plan.

This question can be most fully answered by referring to the Stonehill College University Health Plans Website.The following guidelines should be considered "helpful recommendations" relative to using your Student Insurance Plan.

Read the online brochure carefully so that you are aware of the limitations and exclusions of the policy.

When hospital or doctor bills are received, send the bills to the Student Insurance Division address on the back of your ID card making sure that you indicate that you are a Stonehill College student.

Be aware that this policy does not give complete coverage should you be hospitalized. If you have additional medical insurance, you would be wise to retain it.

Health And Wellness Center

Health Services is pleased to provide Health and Wellness Education through the Health and Wellness Center, located in the Roche Dining Commons, Room 101. Some of the services provided include wellness trainings, presentations and events such as Fresh Check Day, Dating Violence Prevention and Alcohol Awareness Week. To learn more visit the Health and Wellness Website. 


Note: We are in the process of converting older materials on this page to ensure accessibility. If you are unable to access a document during this process, please contact this page’s web content manager by email at and they will assist you.

The Office of Health Services offers confidential medical care to all full-time Stonehill students. Its staff includes nurse practitioners, physician assistants and a part-time physician.