Center for Teaching & Learning
Established in 2007, the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) supports Stonehill's teaching mission by providing dedicated services and resources to our faculty. Phyllis Thompson is the director of the CTL.
The Center for Teaching and Learning sees as its central mission the fostering of a dynamic and supportive teaching culture at Stonehill College. To that end, we strive to:
- create opportunities for faculty to reflect critically on their teaching in consultation with the CTL and in collaboration with their colleagues
- inspire and support faculty to experiment with new pedagogical approaches informed by the latest teaching & learning research
- encourage faculty to systematically investigate the impact of their teaching practices and share their findings with others through the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- assist faculty to successfully transition through the stages of their professional lives
- advocate to improve institutional support and infrastructure for teaching
- integrate an active engagement with questions of diversity throughout all areas of the CTL’s work
If you are interested in learning more about the CTL or would like to arrange a meeting with Phyllis, please don't hesitate to contact Stephanie DesRosiers. We look forward to working with you!