Apply for Your F-1 Student Visa

Class of 2022 International Students

Note for Students Presently Attending School in the United States

Students presently attending school in the United States on an F-1 student visa do not need to apply for a new I-20 or F-1 Student Visa. John Pepin will contact you with regard to transferring your F-1 status to Stonehill College.

After receiving your payment receipt for the I-901 SEVIS fee you can apply for your F-1 Student Visa. You can apply for this visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate. Find a U.S. embassy here.

How to Apply for a U.S. Visa

Information on how to apply for a U.S. Visa can be found here.

Steps to Applying for a Student Visa

Here is some general advice on preparing for the application. Be sure to cross reference this information with the U.S. embassy or consulate you are working with throughout this process!

❏   Complete the online nonimmigrant visa application, Form DS-160 here.

❏   Schedule an interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate. Anticipate that there may be a wait time for the interview!

 Prepare for and attend your interview

  • Anticipate a fee payment – contact your Consulate/Embassy for additional information, as fees may not be the same for all countries
  • Gather documents: look up information on the necessary documents on your consular office website
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States: Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements).
  • Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page
  • Application fee payment receipt
  • Passport sized photo (2 x 2 inches)
  • Form I-20 from Stonehill College
  • Additional documentation may be required! It is not uncommon for an embassy or consulate to require transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended; standardized test scores required by your U.S. school; your intent to depart the United States upon completion of the course of study; and information on how you will pay all educational, living and travel costs.

Questions about the visa process? Please contact:

John Pepin
Associate Dean of Admission/Coordinator of International Admission
Designated School Official
Phone: 508-565-1373


More Information