Diversity & Inclusion
We believe in the inherent dignity of each person, and we’ve invested in a culture where differences are openly shared and celebrated. We pride ourselves on building and maintaining an honest, just and compassionate community of inclusion.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive environment is the responsibility of everyone at the College, and our entire community collaborates to provide opportunities for students to engage in education, activism and empowerment. We’ve developed innovative programs, teaching practices and student leadership experiences that create a culture of belonging.
The Office of Intercultural Affairs contributes to the creation, influence and sustainability of a community where the dignity of all people is respected and affirmed. Intercultural Affairs hosts a variety of diversity and inclusion events such as heritage month celebrations, training and workshops, and the DiverCity Festival – the campus' largest cultural showcase. They also support many student leadership and engagement opportunities such as Advocates for a Brighter Stonehill, the Intercultural Experience Program, and identity-based dialogue groups.
Our commitment to diversity inclusion means more than getting you ready for a job in a diverse workplace. We believe that experiencing a diversity of persons and opinions is part of your human development in a global culture.
Whatever path you take, your time at Stonehill will in many ways be an immersion in diversity that promotes this growth.
Programs & Organizations
These programs and organizations foster critical thinking, free inquiry, and the interchange of ideas at the intersections of racial, ethnic, gender, sexual, socioeconomic and religious diversity.
- Advocates for a Brighter Stonehill Leadership Program (ABS)
- Afro-Caribbean Club
- Desi Club
- Diversity on Campus (D.O.C.)
- Diversity Networking Group
- Diversity and Inclusion Networking Event (D.I.N.E.)
- Raising Awareness of our Cultural Experiences (R.A.C.E.)
- The Intercultural Experience Program (IEP)
- Leadership Through Diversity
- The Moore Center for Gender Equity
- Men of Service, Academia, Integrity, and Character (M.O.S.A.I.C.)
- Mundos Apartes
- The Office of Intercultural Affairs
- Providing a Responsible, Inclusive, and Diverse Environment (PRIDE)
- Radiant Inspirational Sisters Empowered (R.I.S.E.)
- The Stonehill College chapter of Silent Witness Initiative
- Stonehill Asian American Society
- Diversity Committee of Student Government Association
- Stonehill Alumni of Color Group
- Tierras Unidades (M.A.T.U.)
- Faculty and Staff of Color Group
- Multicultural Book Club (“Lunch with 12 Strangers”)
- Whites Becoming Allies (WBA)
Additional Campus Resources
Center for the Study of Race, Ethnicity, and Social Justice
The Moore Center for Gender Equity
Office of International Programs
Student Government Association: Diversity Committee
Contact us with any questions.
The Office of Intercultural Affairs provides academic, cultural and personal support to students of color and other underrepresented students on campus while helping them develop intellectual, social and leadership skills.