The Catholic University of America (CUA) and Stonehill College have arranged for the direct-entry admission of qualified Stonehill students into a master of arts degree in the Congressional and Presidential Studies Program at CUA. This program is designed primarily for professional Capitol Hill staffers, civil servants, intelligence analysts, lobbyists, political practitioners and other related professions in Washington, D.C.
- Stonehill’s POL 422 Gateway Seminar in American Government credited as the CPOL 502 requirement toward the MA in Congressional and Presidential Studies Program
- 12 credits earned in The Catholic University of America’s internship and courses in the spring of senior year will transfer and count toward the BA at Stonehill
- Preferred admission without the competition of the rest of the applicant pool
- Political science majors
- Anticipated successful completion of a bachelor’s degree from Stonehill College by May of senior year
- Enroll in POL 422 Gateway Seminar in American Government in the fall of the senior year
- In the spring of the senior year, intern in Washington, earning six credits through CPOL 595A Congressional Internship and enroll in two Congressional and Presidential Studies courses, including the required CPOL 626 The Modern Presidency