All CWAA tutoring is provided by skilled peer tutors. Drop-in hours are available for students seeking tutoring in introductory courses. All tutoring takes place in the CWAA (MacPhaidin 314) or one of our satellite locations. Check out our current schedule.
Students seeking tutoring can meet with a subject tutor on a walk-in basis in the CWAA or satellite locations. No appointment is necessary for most subjects. Subject tutors can help with content throughout the semester, and work with students to build skills and confidence. It is most effective to come early and often so that you're well prepared for exams.
Starting in Fall 2017 individual biology and chemistry tutoring is being offered by appointment. All appointments must be scheduled (and cancelled) through the CWAA's TutorTrac system. For detailed instructions to make an appointment, click here.
To have a productive tutoring appointment remember tutors are focused on furthering your comprehension, not giving out answers. In compliance with the Academic Code of Conduct, quizzes and exams may not be completed during a tutoring session. What you can do is:
- Try to work through the material on your own first
- Attend TA Review sessions or visit your faculty member's office hours
- Bring course materials (textbook, notes, syllabus, study guide, assignment etc.)
- Come with specific questions
- Your subject is not listed on the drop-in schedule
- You cannot attend any of the drop-in tutoring hours
- You have completed at least three drop-in appointments that have been recorded in TutorTrac, but want more individualized help
We can help! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.