Senior Soloists Captivate at Spring Concert
Nicole D’Angelo ’14, Rebecca Leising ’14 and Katie Stiles ’14 sparkled at the 2014 Stonehill College Concert Band and Orchestra Spring Concert, Sunday, April 27. As featured soloists, they demonstrated considerable musical ability as each played a Mozart wind concerto.
Our students also have the chance to immerse themselves in a variety of musical experiences:
- Perform in vocal and instrumental ensembles
- Make a bold musical statement in Piano Workshop
- Learn about music history, theory, composition and world music
- Experience the excitement of a field trip to the Boston Symphony Orchestra, New England Conservatory of Music/Jordan Hall, Boston Museum of Fine Arts as well as concerts, museums and musical theatre shows in New York City
Students participating in the Latin American Music History course have traveled to both Mexico City and Guatemala as part of their sophomore Learning Community where they studied the music and culture of the Aztecs and the Mayans.
A Focus on Performance
The Music Program sponsors both large and small performance opportunities:
- Stonehill College Orchestra
- Stonehill College Concert Band
- Stonehill Collegiate Chorale
- Stonehill College Guitar Ensemble