The Stonehill College Concert Ensemble and Collegiate Chorale proudly presented Handel’s Messiah on Sunday, December 7, in Alumni Hall. Hundreds of family members and friends of the Music Program attended this spectacular performance.
2014 Children's Christmas Concert
The Stonehill College Concert Ensemble and Collegiate Chorale welcomed families from the Wounded Warrior Project and campus community to the Annual Children’s Christmas Concert on Saturday, December 6, in Alumni Hall.
Senior Soloists Captivate at Spring Concert
Nicole D’Angelo ’14, Rebecca Leising ’14 and Katie Stiles ’14 sparkled at the 2014 Stonehill College Concert Band and Orchestra Spring Concert, Sunday, April 27. As featured soloists, they demonstrated considerable musical ability as each played a Mozart wind concerto.
Students in the music program have the chance to immerse themselves in a variety of musical experiences:
- Perform in vocal and instrumental ensembles
- Study music technology
- Make a bold musical statement in Piano Workshop
- Learn about music history, theory, composition and world music
- Experience the excitement of a field trip to the Boston Symphony Orchestra, New England Conservatory of Music/Jordan Hall, Boston Museum of Fine Arts as well as concerts, museums and musical theatre shows in New York City
Stonehill College students participating in the Latin American Music History course have traveled to both Mexico City and Guatemala as part of their sophomore Learning Community where they studied the music and culture of the Aztecs and the Mayans.
A Focus on Performance
The Music Program sponsors both large and small performance opportunities:
- Stonehill College Orchestra
- Stonehill College Concert Band
- Stonehill Collegiate Chorale*
- Stonehill College Guitar Ensemble
Founded in 1986, the Stonehill Collegiate Chorale is comprised of Stonehill undergraduates, faculty, staff, and experienced singers from the local community. The Chorale is committed to musical excellence, inclusive community, and a positive, affirming environment for singers of all backgrounds.
Music majors, minors and enthusiasts may participate as interns or volunteers in the “Soundtrack of Life” music therapy program at Life Care Centers of America. Music majors and minors as well as music technology minors may intern at Bristol Recording Studios in Boston.