Philosophy Internships & Opportunities
Stonehill Undergraduate Research Experience
The Stonehill Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) is an opportunity for students who have completed their first year at Stonehill to perform significant, publishable, full-time research under the guidance of and in collaboration with an experienced faculty researcher.
- Cassidy Ballard ’18, Zack Colclasure ’17 and Matt Moschella ’18 worked with Ed McGushin, associate professor of philosophy, on a project called "Power, Eros, and the Aesthetics of Existence."
- Zack Colclasure ’17 worked with Edward McGushin, associate professor of philosophy, on “The Politics of Desire.”
- Keara Lavallee ’16 worked with Edward McGushin, associate professor of Philosophy, on “Cinematic Mediations.”
Places where Stonehill students have recently interned include:
- Adams Media
- American Cancer Society
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- EMC Corp.
- Massachusetts Taxpayer’s Foundation
- May Institute
- National Park Trust
- U.S. Dept. of Defense
- U.S. Secret Service
- Various law firms
- Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General
- Peace Corps
- State Farm
- Winter Wyman
Career Development Resources for Students
The Stonehill Career Development Center offers extensive assistance to students seeking employment, pursuing advanced studies or participating in postgraduate service opportunities. By completing internships and utilizing mentors, students are empowered to build lifelong career management skills.
Philosophy-specific career resources
- Extensive on-campus recruiting program for internships and entry-level jobs.
- Annual career fairs and graduate school information sessions.
- Externships and internships in New York; Washington, D.C.; and Los Angeles (weeklong and semesterlong programs).
- Various industry-specific career lunches – government, nonprofits, sustainability, event planning, corporate social responsibility and development.
- Boy Scouts of America
- Senior District Executive
- Family Theater
- National Director
- Ficksman & Conley LLP
- Associate Attorney
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps
- Community Organizer
- Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office
- Polytechnic Institute of New York University
- Admissions Counselor
- Unity Church
- ESL Teacher