Master’s in Marketing: Individually Designed Pathway
The master’s degree in marketing individually designed pathway allows students to focus their studies in an area that best meets their unique goals and interests.
A Master’s Degree in Marketing Tailored To Meet Your Needs
Stonehill’s master’s degree in marketing provides students with the expertise and knowledge needed to advance and lead in an ever-evolving 21st-century marketing environment.
The individually designed pathway provides an opportunity to design a custom set of electives in a focus area important to a student’s unique growth and goals. Students will choose electives from among the graduate programs at Stonehill to strengthen their skills in data analytics and specialized marketing areas.
In this pathway, students will:
- Strategize and suggest a set of five elective courses with a rationale for how those courses will strengthen their marketing skills
- Seek approval for the personalized pathway and plan out a course schedule to fit the student’s desired timeline for program completion
All marketing master’s students are required to take five core courses as well as five elective courses to complete their program. For the individually designed pathway, students choose any five electives to strengthen their skills in a specific area.
- DAN 601 – Data Analytics: Tools & Concepts
- DAN 602 – Statistics for Data Analytics
- DAN 603 – Data Mining
- DAN 604 – Database & Data Warehouse Concepts
- DAN 605 – Visualization & Digital Storytelling
- DAN 607 – Security, Privacy & Ethics in Data Analytics
- DAN 608 – Emerging Topics in Data Analytics
- DAN 609 – Python for Data Analysts
- DAN 610 – SAS Programming for Data Analysts
- MKT 505 – Buyer Behavior
- MKT 612 – E-Commerce
- MKT 617 – Social Media Marketing
- MKT 619 – Sports Marketing
- MKT 620 – Role of Graphic Design in Marketing
- MKT 623 – Strategic Event Planning & Management
- MKT 625 – Entrepreneurship
Increasing Demand for Marketing Professionals
Earn a Graduate Certificate
For marketers looking to expand their knowledge in the field, Stonehill offers a variety of five-course professional certificates. These certificates build on a base of marketing knowledge and experience. If a student completes a graduate certificate and wishes to pursue their master’s degree in marketing, these courses can be applied toward the master’s degree.
The Data Analytics Graduate Certificate prepares marketers to analyze and extract data from a variety of sources and use it to develop actionable strategies that improve business results.
The Digital Marketing Graduate Certificate allows students to strengthen their strategic and practical skills in key digital marketing areas, including data analysis and metrics, social media, digital storytelling, ethics and privacy issues, email marketing, online advertising, search engine optimization (SEO), and strategic uses of internet technologies.
The Experiential Marketing Graduate Certificate provides a strong foundation in understanding customers and meeting their needs through a variety of online and offline marketing initiatives.
The Marketing Analytics Graduate Certificate ensures marketers gain the in-demand skills to analyze and extract data and use it to inform their decision-making across online and offline initiatives.