Healthcare Administration Major & Minor
Stonehill’s AUPHA certified Healthcare Administration Department provides students with a solid foundation in the leadership, managerial and methodological skills that drive our healthcare system.
Stonehill's Healthcare Administration program combines courses focused on core skills with in-depth internships and a solid liberal arts foundation.
The primary objectives are to prepare Stonehill College students:
- For employment and leadership in direct service and support organizations in the private and public healthcare sectors
- For graduate or professional study
- For being an innovative and positive force for ethical and constructive change in the healthcare system
Stonehill’s program, a part of the Leo J. Meehan School of Business, gives students a firm understanding of business principles supplemented by solid grounding in the liberal arts. This approach provides students with an understanding of important healthcare issues and basic managerial and leadership skills.
Students can then choose electives to focus on specific areas of interest, such as:
- Health IT
- Population health management
- Public and private sector insurance
- Group practice management
- Finance, personnel, marketing, public relations and sales
Where Our Graduates Work
Stonehill healthcare administration majors find work in hospitals, home care and managed care organizations, health maintenance organizations, hospices, planning and consulting firms, and international service organizations. Learn more about where our graduates work.