College is a new and exciting experience for young adults. Throughout your four years we hope you will grow and mature into a well rounded individual. During your time here you will meet new and different people, make new friends and join in a variety of extra curricular or work opportunities. Along the way you will have challenges and successes, both of which will make you a stronger person. Stonehill thrives on educating the entire person, the whole being, mind, body and spirit.
At the Office of Health and Wellness we offer information on how to live a healthy lifestyle and encourage making positive behavior choices. We believe in promoting the health and wellbeing of students through prevention of illness, injury and disease and through raising awareness of issues affecting the students mind, body and spirit.
Healthy Choices = Successful Students
Make healthy choices everyday!
The Office of Health and Wellness is located in the Roche Dining Commons, Room 101.
Or stop by in person!
Spring 2019 Events
- Marijuana Presentation, Jan. 10th 10am-11am, Martin Auditorium
- Bringing in the Bystander Training, Jan. 28th, 11:30am-1pm, Duffy 207
- P.R. Suicide Prevention Training, Wed. Jan. 30th, 1pm-2pm, Duffy 215
- CORE Alcohol and Drug Survey, Feb. 4th – 15th
- One Love: Dating Violence Prevention Training, Monday Feb. 4th 11:30am-1pm, Duffy 017
- Got Consent Day, Wed. Feb. 15th, 11am-2pm in the Upper Dining Commons
- Body Awareness Week, Feb. 18-22nd
- Bringing in the Bystander Training, Feb. 20th, 5pm-6:30pm, Duffy 207
- Eating Disorder Panel, Wed. Feb. 20th, 7pm-8pm, Martin Institute Auditorium
- Wellness Fair, Thursday Feb. 21st, 6pm-8pm, Sports Complex
- P.R. Suicide Prevention Training, Monday Feb. 25th, 11:30am-12:30pm, Duffy 204
- Safe Spring Break Week, Feb. 25th – March 1st
- Bringing in the Bystander Training, Feb. 27th, 3pm-4:30pm, Duffy 216
- Bringing in the Bystander Training, Monday March 11th, 11:30am-1pm, Duffy 015
- P.R. Suicide Prevention Training, Monday March 11th, 3pm-4pm, Duffy 101
- One Love: Dating Violence Training, Wed. March 20th, 3pm-4:30pm, Duff 216
- Drug Awareness Day, March 25th, 11am-2pm on the Quad
- One Love: Dating Violence Prevention Training, April 4th, 3pm-4:30pm, Martin Institute 207
- Bringing in the Bystander Training, Thursday April 4th, 5pm-6:30pm, Duffy 206
- Take Back the Night March, Thursday April 4th, 7pm, Merkert Gym
- Take Back the Night Week, April 1st-5th
- P.R. Suicide Prevention Training, Monday April 8th, 11:30am-12:30pm, Duffy 206
- Alcohol Screening Day, April 11th, 11am-2pm, Lower Dining Commons
- Stress Free Finals Week, May 3rd – May 10th
- Bringing in the Bystander Training, May 2nd, 12pm-1:30pm, Location TBA
- P.R. Suicide Prevention Training May 3rd, 12pm-1pm, Duffy 101
- P.R. Suicide Prevention Training May 7th, 12am-11pm, Location TBA
To register for a wellness training, sign on to Handshake and search for them under "workshop".
Health lectures and presentation requests:
If you would like to request a health related presentation please email Jessica at email@example.com. See “health topics” list for possible list of presentation topics. Professors, Resident Advisors or students interested in health and wellness issues may request presentations.
Health Education CoachingWe counsel on a variety of topics including but not limited to: basic nutrition/diet assessments, smoking cessation, sleep tips, stress and time management, sexual health questions or relationship/roommate tips. We also offer referrals to the Sodexho Dietitians x1879, the Counseling and Testing Center x1331 and Health Services x1307.
Workshops and seminars
We conduct workshops and seminars on a variety of topics including but not limited to: Healthy Eating and Stress Reduction and Relaxation Techniques.
Pamphlets, Brochures and Health Literacy MaterialsOur library contains a variety of books useful to college students on topics included but not limited to: Cooking, Eating Disorders, Alcohol, Feng Shui, Vegetarianism, Sports Nutrition, Nutritional Supplements, etc.
In addition we also have a wide variety of pamphlets, brochures, handouts and other health literacy materials on numerous topics. Stop by today to see our selection!
- Campus Wide Awareness Events
We help sponsor campus wide events which focus on specific health issues such as: Alcohol Awareness Week in October, the Great American Smoke Out in November, World AIDS Day in December, Eating Disorders Awareness Week in February, Safe Spring Break in March and Sexual Assault Prevention in April. If you are interested in learning more about these events or helping out with them please contact us, we’d love to hear from you!
- Resource for Health Information
Specific areas of health which we offer information on include:
International Students Health Guide
My Student Body
Peer Health Education
Stress and Time Management Skills
Other Alcohol and Drug Information:
To view our Drug Free Schools and Campus Regulations Biennial Review Report Click HERE
Below are the Appendices from the Biennial Review Report:
- Biennial Review Report 2018
- Employee Legal Notices Pamphlet 2015
- Substance Awareness Policy and Statement of Compliance with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act
- Student Legal Notices Pamphlet 2015
- Vice President of Student Affairs Letter to First Year Families
We are pleased to announce that Stonehill College has received the Jed Foundation Campus Seal of approval signifying that our campus is proactive in raising awareness and educating the community about mental health issues and suicide prevention.
"The JedCampus seal will be awarded to schools that exhibit comprehensive mental health promotion and suicide prevention programming, based upon evaluation of the school’s survey responses against the Jed Foundation’s recommended practices in mental health programming. This recognition of your school’s commitment to the emotional wellbeing of your campus will remain valid for two years."