Employer Recruiting Policies
Thank you for your interest in recruiting Stonehill students.
Employers working with the Career Development Center, using Stonehill facilities or services, or posting in the College's Handshake database are required to follow several important policies and best practices, including those set by the National Association of Colleges and Employers' Principles of Recruiting and Employment - NACE Principles.
Please refer to the links below for more information:
- Principles for Professional Practice
- Principles for Employment Professionals
- Principals for Third-Party Recruiters*
- *Note: Third-Party Recruiters that do not disclose the name of their client or charge fees to students will not be permitted access to career services.
- NACE Position Statement on U.S. Internships
U.S. Internship Guidelines:
In addition, we will not approve positions that:
- Require students to pay a fee, purchase supplies, or invest money
- Require students to solicit products or services on campus
- Do not require a degree or seek candidates working toward a degree
- Are based in a private home, such as babysitters, personal care attendants and tutors
- Are lacking sufficient detail in the description
Jobs offering only commission-based compensation may not be posted in our Handshake database.
Positions that include commission-based compensation must fully disclose the compensation structure in any job posting or at any on-campus recruiting event.
The Stonehill College Career Development Center reserves the right to approve or decline hiring organizations that register through the Handshake system if they do not abide by the guidelines above. In addition, in order to be approved, an organization must be in good standing with other Colleges and Universities using the system. Companies must have a trust score and approval rating greater than 75% and must not have any red flags on their account.
The Career Development Center reserves the right to exclude any employer from recruiting activities and to edit, delete, or refuse any employer profile or job posting at any time.
The posting of employer, job, and internship information in our Handshake database should not be considered an endorsement by the Career Development Center or Stonehill College of the organizations posting the positions or the positions posted.