Walking in the footsteps of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Katherine Perez, class of 2021, participated in the HOPE Service Immersion to Atlanta, Georgia learning about nonviolence, civil rights, advocacy and political activism as part of the Justice Scholars Program!
A Holy Cross education enables students to "think, act and lead with courage toward the creation of a just and compassionate world." As a member of the Justice Scholars Program, students engage their learning through service, justice and scholarship. Learning with and from community partners on site and through innovative learning modules at the Downtown Center for Community Engagement, students will gain knowledge and understanding of community engaged scholarship and active citizenry.
As Justice Scholars, students will receive financial benefits to use toward one of the following:
- H.O.P.E. Service Immersions
- Conferences Exploring Service, Social Justice and Community Engaged Learning
- Speakers or Community Programs on Campus or at the Downtown Center for Community Engagement
- Donation to Local Community Partner
- Mentorship from seasoned Justice Scholar Mentor
- Synthesis of service & justice work
- Hands on experience learning how to make service & justice a part of life choices
- Pathway to active participation in living the mission of Stonehill College
- Monthly meeting with Justice Scholar cohort at the Downtown Center for Community Engagement
- 30 hours of community service through the Community Engagement Program
- Serve as active member of Residence Hall Association Community Service Team
- Promote and participate in Community Engagement Program events and reflections
- Participate in either H.O.P.E. Service Immersion Program or Urban/Rural Immersions
- Monthly reflection paper on service experience
- Monthly check-in with Justice Scholar Mentor
- Assistance with Justice Scholar Mentor advocacy and educational events on campus
- December 10, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.: Application Deadline
- December 11-14: Interviews
- December 17th: Notification of Acceptance