- Students currently abroad or interning away from campus. The deadline to complete the Spring 2015 Housing Application is November 1, 2014. The application is available on MyHousing.
- The Room Change period has started. You can request a room change by filling out the Room Change Form or you can contact your Residence Director/Area Coordinator.
Thanksgiving Closing Information
The residence halls will close to all students for Thanksgiving Break on Tuesday, November 25th at 7:00pm. The halls will re-open at 12:00 noon on Sunday, November 30th.
Students must vacate the residence halls by the date and time listed above. Students who fail to do so will be fined $50.00 and may face disciplinary charges filed through the Office of Community Standards.
Before leaving campus, please review the following checklist:
- Make sure to close and lock your windows and lock your door before you leave.
- If you have storm windows, please make sure that they are securely closed before you leave for the holiday weekend.
- Please lower your blinds and close your drapes.
- We strongly recommend that you bring home all valuables, plants and fish over the break.
- Please turn thermostats down to 65 degrees (where applicable).
- Please pull all furniture and personal belongings away from heaters.
- Please take out your trash and remove items that might spoil during the break (milk, fruit, pumpkins).
- Please make sure that all common area kitchens/lounges are clean (dishes washed, no food in sinks).
Please note that Residence Life staff members will conduct building inspections beginning at 7:00 PM. If you have any questions related to these closing procedures please contact your Resident Assistant or Residence Director.
Residence Life Mission Statement
The office of Residence Life works to create an environment that supports the academic mission of the college, encourages individual student development, and fosters a community of inclusivity, responsibility and compassion. The living-learning environments that we strive to build in our residence halls are characterized by civility and cooperation, where individual needs and desires are balanced with the common good. By providing an enriching residential experience, we will afford students the opportunity to develop life-long skills to become contributing members of society.
Residence Life Statement on Diversity
The Residence Life Office seeks to foster living and learning communities where differences based on age, ability, color, creed, cultural background, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religious affiliation or spiritual affinity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, political viewpoints, or veteran status are validated and embraced.
We believe that supporting an inclusive environment is a shared responsibility of all members of our residential community. Through our programs, services, and hiring practices, we strive to develop a community that values diversity as an essential part of personal and intellectual growth.