The Farm at Stonehill College is an initiative of the Mission Division of Stonehill College and operates under a two-part mission: (1) to make available fresh, nutritious, locally grown food to Brockton-area food pantries and meal providers to address food desert conditions, and (2) to enrich Stonehill students' academic and service endeavors by educating and actively engaging them in local and global food justice issues.
Our mission is achieved by:
- Utilizing 1.5 acres of Stonehill College land to farm and grow nutritious fruits and vegetables.
- Inviting the entire campus community - students, faculty, and staff - to join us in the fields and hoop-houses.
- Connecting with food pantries, meal providers, and social service agencies in nearby areas to provide their clients with fresh and nutritious foods.
- Developing and supporting programs that encourage healthy eating including cooking classes and an after-school garden program for elementary students.
- Encouraging sustainable behavior on campus to encourage our community to contribute to a socially and environmentally just world.