Stonehill Teacher Residency
Stonehill Teacher Residency is a unique program that provides graduate teacher candidates an intensive field-based residency in a partner district alongside their graduate coursework.
Apply by May 1.
The Stonehill Teacher Residency program leads to a master's degree in inclusive education with Massachusetts initial licensure. Residents engage in all aspects of the classroom and school community while learning from a mentor teacher, supporting students and participating in the development and implementation of the curriculum. This approach allows residents to apply theoretical concepts learned in graduate coursework.
Teacher Licensure Options
- Massachusetts initial licensure in special education, PreK-8
- Massachusetts initial licensure in special education, 5-12
- Massachusetts initial licensure in math/science, 5-8
- Earn a master’s degree in one year for less than $20,000 while also earning a stipend of $18,000 to $40,000, depending on placement
- Earn your master's and Massachusetts initial licensure in special education, PreK-8 or 5-12, or math/science, 5-8
- Work as a resident under a mentor teacher in a partner school/district for a full academic year
- Access extensive opportunities to engage in all aspects of the school community
- Learn from experts at both the district and the college level
Residency Program Benefits
- Comprehensive approach to teacher preparation capitalizing on the extensive expertise of school partners
- Research shows that teacher candidates with extended field experiences are better prepared
- Learn aspects of the professional role of an educator in a supported experience
- Residencies can be a stepping stone to professional positions
- Efficient and affordable with a rigorous graduate curriculum to prepare teacher candidates for their professional roles
School and District Partnerships
Stonehill students can complete their Teacher Residency at public or private school districts in both urban and suburban settings. Stonehill's numerous partnerships with local schools ensure you'll find a placement to fit your goals.