Healthcare Management Major & Minor
Stonehill’s AUPHA certified Healthcare Management Department provides students with a solid foundation in the leadership, managerial and methodological skills that drive our healthcare system.
Stonehill's Healthcare Management program combines courses focused on core skills with in-depth internships and a solid liberal arts foundation.
The primary objectives are to prepare Stonehill College students:
- For employment and leadership in direct service and support organizations in the private and public healthcare sectors
- For graduate or professional study
- For being an innovative and positive force for ethical and constructive change in the healthcare system
An Opportunity to Make a Difference
Students who graduate with a degree in healthcare management (sometimes called healthcare administration) gain critical leadership and management skills. They also gain the opportunity to improve the state of healthcare and lives of others.
Stonehill’s program, a part of the Leo J. Meehan School of Business, gives students a firm understanding of business principles supplemented by solid grounding in the liberal arts. This approach provides students with an understanding of important healthcare issues and basic managerial and leadership skills.
All HCM majors (except students who are double majors) are required to complete one of the 4-course concentrations offered by the department:
- Public Health
- Healthcare Supply Chain Management
- Healthcare for Priority/At-Risk Populations
- Performance Improvement & Consulting
- Fundraising & Development for Not-for-Profit Health (& Human Services) Organizations.
Students can then choose electives to focus on specific areas of interest, such as:
- Health IT
- Population health management
- Public and private sector insurance
- Group practice management
- Finance, personnel, marketing, public relations and sales
Organizations involved in assessing U.S. colleges and universities continually cite Stonehill as being among the best in the nation when it comes to value, outcomes and a commitment to making the world a better place. See full list of accolades.
Where Our Graduates Work
Stonehill healthcare management majors find work in hospitals, home care and managed care organizations, health maintenance organizations, hospices, planning and consulting firms, and international service organizations. Learn more about where our graduates work.