Saturday, May 15, 10:00 a.m.
Stonehill College is pleased to announce its 70th commencement, marking the achievements of the Class of 2021.
The Baccalaureate Mass will be celebrated on Friday, May 14, at 4 p.m. and the Commencement exercises will take place on Saturday, May 15, at 10 a.m.
Commencement exercises will follow detailed health and safety guidelines issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. As a result, we are moving the ceremony from the main quad to the more spacious W.B. Mason Stadium and allowing each member of the Class of 2021 to invite two guests.
Before the ceremony, the graduates will process from Donahue Hall through campus to W.B. Mason stadium. We are asking that guests remain in the Stadium during this time.
While we must limit in-person attendance, family and friends can access the Mass and the Commencement ceremony virtually via a livestream.
Commencement Weekend Schedule
Thursday, May 13, 2021
Get event and drink ticket presale information below.
This special event for the senior class will be held rain or shine on the Main Quad and the May Pavilion. Both the Quad and the May Pavilion will provide identical experiences so head to the most convenient location!
Come on down to reminisce with your classmates about your time at Stonehill, enjoy food stations featuring your Sodexo favorites, sweet treats from the dessert trucks, and DJs playing your favorite tunes by request. Stop by the check-in table to get your senior gift and don't miss your chance to participate in the taping of the Class of 2021 Live Time Capsule and signing of your class banner! There will be Br. Mike’s Tents at both locations and drink tickets will be for sale in advance (see below).
We will cap off the night with a screening of the Senior Slideshow at dusk on 25' outdoor screens in both locations!
Advance registration is required to ensure you will receive your senior gift. We don't want you to miss out and cannot wait to celebrate with you!
Presales are available at the Information Desk in the Roche Dining Commons:
- Wednesday, May 12: 12–5 p.m.
- Thursday, May 13: 11–5 p.m.
- Friday, May 14: 11–5 p.m.
Beer gardens will be at the Thursday and Friday evening events for students over 21+. A wristband is required to consume and purchase alcohol. Wristbands are free and available at the Info Desk before the event.
Outside drinks or containers (including water) are not allowed at the event.
We HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to save time (and avoid lines) at the event by getting your wristband early! All you need is a valid form of ID (i.e., driver’s license, passport, military) noting that you are 21+.
Drinks tickets are also available for presale at $3 each and are good for one drink at the event. Purchasing these early will save you lots of time at the events! Beverages served are beer, seltzer, vodka soda, and vodka mule. Treat tickets as cash. If they are lost, there are no replacements or refunds. Cash and credit card are accepted as methods of payment.
Friday, May 14, 2021
This event is crucial to the success of Saturday’s Exercises!
Graduates should meet in the following areas no later than 11:00 a.m.
- Masters, Hemingways, Moreau Honors, Class President and Vice President—Donahue parking lot
- Bachelor of Arts—Donahue parking lot
- Bachelor of Science—Donahue parking lot
- School of Business—Alumni parking lot
Following a procession to the quad, President Denning will address the graduates. Graduates will then receive instructions regarding the Commencement ceremony and there will be a brief walkthrough.
Graduates of all faiths are invited to attend the Baccalaureate Mass. Graduates do not march in a procession and no academic robes are worn for the occasion.
Mass will be livestreamed for families, as well as community members unable to attend in person.
The Moreau Honors Scholars will be recognized at the end of the Mass and will receive their Moreau medallions to be worn on Commencement Day.
The senior class is invited for a night of fun and entertainment across campus as we count down the hours until Commencement. Below is a brief breakdown of the fun!
- Lawn on D (Quad): We’ve brought the vibes of Boston’s Lawn on D to our very own Duffy Quad! Enjoy live music by East Coast Soul, light up chair-swings and Seesaws, and two free food trucks (Red’s Street Kitchen & Trolley Dogs)!
- Brother Mike’s Tent 1: Serving canned: Beer, Seltzer, Vodka Soda & Vodka Mule*
*Must pre-purchase drink tickets $3 each
- Senior Carnival 🎡 (Duffy Lot): Your favorite Carnival games (Hi Striker, Football & basketball) with prizes and of course everyone’s favorite Fried Dough & Del’s Lemonade Cart!
- DJ & Glow Party Games (May Pavilion): Let’s GLOW!! We’ve got all the glow lawn games (Jenga, Connect 4, Cornhole), air hockey, video games, glow golf, and a DJ. We’ll also have two free food trucks (Boston Burger Company, Ice Cream Truck)!
- Brother Mike’s Tent 2: Serving canned: Beer, Seltzer, Vodka Soda & Vodka Mule*
*Must pre-purchase drink tickets $3 each
Saturday, May 15, 2021
All graduates report to their respective areas no later than 8:30 a.m. Faculty and staff will organize the graduates in alphabetical order by degree for the commencement procession.
The Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement ceremony will be livestreamed so that friends and family that are unable to attend can participate remotely.