For Hiring Managers
Stonehill Hiring Managers work closely with the Student Employment's office to create positions, post jobs, and hire students. In addition to the administrative responsibilities, the managers are a key factor to ensure a positive and rewarding experience for the students by providing quality training, building professional work relationships, and developing the students' ability to grow.
- Information regarding Federal Awards, please contact Office of Student Financial Assistance at ext. 1299.
- For International Students, please contact the Office of Intercultural Affairs at ext. 1409.
Manager's Quick Guide
The Hiring Managers post jobs on the PeopleAdmin website. A manager should determine if a position needs to be created in PeopleAdmin prior to posting the job.
ASK YOURSELF “DO I ALREADY HAVE A POSITION NUMBER?” IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES, PLEASE SKIP STEP 1 AND PROCEED TO STEP 2.
Steps 1: Create a New Position (No Position Number)
- Please contact the Budget Office at ext. 1953 to obtain a new position number
- Once you have received the new position number from the Budget Office.
Steps 2: Post a Job (Existing Position Number)
- Making changes on the original posting
- Job posting routed to the Budget Office for approval
- An email notification is sent once the job posting is approved
- Once approved, the position will be posted to the “Current Open Student Positions” on myHill
- You can monitor the applicants on your PeopleAdmin’s Watch List
Hire a Student
Once you know the student you would like to hire, you will need to officially hire him/her in PeopleAdmin. Please note that this step is only the beginning of the hiring process for the student. The hiring process is not considered complete until the student completed all required Payroll paperwork and the Student Employment Office has created a timesheet for the student. You will receive an email notification once the hiring process is complete. The student MUST NOT work until the completion of the hiring process.
Rehire a Student
The Rehiring Process is only for a student who has worked for you and is returning for the same position! You may rehire students for both Academic and Summer positions. The Academic position number begins with "61" and the Summer position begins with "62".
THE STEPS TO REHIRE A STUDENT ARE PROCESSED THROUGH MYHILL AND NOT IN PEOPLEADMIN.
Before you can proceed with the Rehire process, please ensure that you have the Luminis Channel installed on myHill.
To ensure a high quality Student Employment program, it is crucial for the Managers to provide effective leadership to the students. We strongly recommend welcoming your newly hired student by conducting a new hire orientation.
Aside from the hiring process, there are few other administrative steps that the manager will need to maintain as followed;
- Termination - If a student doesn't work out for any reason, you must email the Student Employment Office to notify them. The email should include Student Name, ID, Position Name & Number, and Termination Date.
- PeopleAdmin Maintenance - It is very important that you keep the record in PeopleAdmin updated. We recommend that an annual clean up process be included.