Library Newsletter – February 26, 2020
- March 3rd is Super Tuesday: Super Tuesday is the election day early in a United States presidential primary season (February or March) when the greatest number of U.S. states hold primary elections and caucuses. More delegates to the presidential nominating conventions can be won on Super Tuesday than on any other single day.
- Meet the Library Staff – Lindsay Boezi: Lindsay is part of the Reference, Teaching, and Learning team in the MacPhaidin Library.
- March 5th is the 250th Anniversary of the Boston Massacre: March 5th marks the 250th anniversary of the Boston Massacre, an event that fueled the colonists’ anti-British fervor and presaged the American Revolution.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Women's History Month and the Equal Rights Amendment: March is Women’s History Month and this is a good year to celebrate. 2020 marks the 100th anniversary of the 19th amendment giving women the right to vote.
- Faculty Research Forum: Please join us on Friday, March 6th at 2:30pm for a faculty research forum hosted by Laura Scales of the English Department.
- Love Notes to the Library: Many faculty, staff, and students shared what they love most about the library on the whiteboard adjacent to Ace’s Place. Popular sentiments included tasty treats from Ace’s Place, the friendly library staff, a welcoming place to study, and puppy therapy. Stay tuned for more #WhiteboardWednesdays to share your thoughts!
- Pre-Spring Break Help: Spring break is just around the corner! Why not make it even more enjoyable and stress-free by getting some of your research done before you leave campus? Here’s how the library can help!
- Spring Break Hours: The library will have abbreviated hours during spring break.
- Women’s History Month Books: Scroll to the bottom of the library website to view a curated selection of books on Women’s History Month.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!