Stonehill College Day of Light and Hope
We are calling on alumni, parents, faculty, staff, students and friends of the College to come together May 14-15 to celebrate Stonehill’s first ever Day of Light and Hope.
May 14 - 15, 2020
On this day, we invite alumni, parents, faculty, staff, students and friends of the College to join us in a celebration of light and hope. We will be hosting virtual events, including a CommUNITY 5K, photo challenges, and more acts of solidarity for Stonehill to encourage our community members to give light and hope.
Honoring Stonehill's Founding Year 1948
Day of Light and Hope
Ways to Spread Light and Hope
Ways to Virtually Show Your Pride
Learn More Below!
1 Day of Light and Hope
May 14 -15, 2020: Noon - Noon
9 Ways to Spread Light and Hope
- A Gift to support the Stonehill College Fund.
- A Gift to support the Bridge Fund.
- A Gift to support scholarships such as the General Scholarship Fund, the Faculty of Color Association Scholarship Fund or a scholarship that has special meaning to you.
- A Gift in support of the Senior Class Gift - Fund for Internship Expenses.
- Become a Light and Hope Ambassador. Email Chanel Mazzone at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteer as a social media fan to like, comment, and share about #StonehillLightandHope. If you know anyone in high school that would make a great future Skyhawk, encourage them to check out Stonehill!
- Share 20 words of comfort, advice, or wisdom for the Class of 2020.
- Spread kindness - Challenge your friends, family, and coworkers and business competitors to spread light and hope through kindness. Examples include: sending a letter, email, or text expressing gratitude, sending someone a virtual gift card, checking in on a loved one, writing chalkboard messages on your driveway, waving at a stranger from a safe distance.
- Sign up to be a career mentor to Stonehill students.
- Tell us what is one person, place or thing you love about Stonehill!
4 Ways to Virtually Show Your Pride
- Wear purple or your Stonehill gear.
- Share a post about Stonehill.
- Get together virtually with your Stonehill friends in honor of this event.
- Use the hashtag #StonehillLightandHope on social media.
8 Photo Challenges
Prizes for best picture of:
- A Stonehill friends virtual hangout.
- A Stonehill-themed work from home space (i.e. a mug or pennant celebrating Stonehill).
- A campus picture.
- A picture of your study abroad experience.
- A throwback photo or photo of your favorite Stonehill tradition (i.e. Halloween dance, sledding down Donahue, etc.).
- Your future Skyhawks with Stonehill gear.
- Your pets with Stonehill gear (such as a purple bandana or Stonehill t-shirt).
- A photo of your graduation.
Photo Challenges Prizes
Special thanks to Melanie (Malone) O'Neil '99 of Rustic Marlin for donating purple hope signs as prizes for the photo challenges. Participate by sharing your favorite Stonehill photos and spread your light and hope!
Congratulations to the Stonehill Day of Light and Hope photo challenge winners!
Stonehill Friends Virtual Hangout
Megan Keane, Class of 2012
Stonehill-themed Work from Home Space
Deirdre Kleist, Class of 2012
Marianne '88 and Todd Pekrul, Parents Class of 2020
Study Abroad Experience
Gaby Lueck, Class of 2017
Throwback or Stonehill Tradition
Kathryn Prizio, Class of 2002
Kim (Arivella) Angelini, Class of 2010
Pets in Stonehill Gear
Lauren (Bombardier) Weeks, Class of 2013
Laura Discenza, Class of 2012
Participants can join us for equipment-free kickboxing followed by beginner yoga flow. These classes are designed for small spaces and are open to all fitness levels, including beginners! Sign up for one or both and enjoy!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 814 5925 2000
There is no registration for this class, please join the zoom meeting at noon on Friday, May 15th.
Oh The Places You’ll Go