The application deadline for Summer 2018 is December 8, 2017, 5:00 p.m. To be considered for funding, students and faculty should complete the following forms. Completed applications can be submitted in person to the Office of Academic Development, OR online using the process detailed below.
- A full application is required for each student applicant and faculty pair (multiple students cannot be combine in one application).
- We will do our best to notify applicants if proposals are not in compliance with the guidelines stated in the Request for Proposals (RFP). However, this is done as a courtesy and we cannot guarantee that all errors will be identified prior to the submission deadline.
- Online applications will only be considered submitted if the student and the faculty receive a confirmation email from Stephanie DesRosiers or Bonnie Troupe.
- SURE RFP
- SURE Proposal Cover Sheet
- SURE Commitment Statement
- SURE Education Record Release Information
Applications will be accepted online via OneDrive (instructions for accessing OneDrive). Please carefully follow the steps below and contact Stephanie DesRosiers or Bonnie Troupe if you have any questions or issues.
- Create a OneDrive folder(s) with the naming convention FACULTY LAST NAME STUDENT LAST NAME. Separate folders should be created for each student in a research team and should contain a full application for that student.
- Share the folder with the other member of the research team. DO NOT share with Bonnie or Stephanie at this time. (instructions for sharing OneDrive folders)
- Drag and drop or upload the application materials to the folder. These can be separate documents or combined into one application. The following pieces (listed in the order referenced in RFP) must be included:
1 Cover sheet
2-5 Project narrative
6 Student personal statement
7 Faculty CV
8 Student resume
9 Commitment statement
10 OPTIONAL GPA/Disciplinary record statement
- Once the faculty and the student have determined that everything is in good order, the folder should be shared with BOTH Stephanie and Bonnie. Sharing can be processed by either member of the research party, but should not be done until it is agreed that the application materials are complete and can be officially submitted. This step must be completed prior to 5:00 p.m. on December 8! All four parties will receive system-generated emails that the folder has been shared.
- Stephanie or Bonnie will ensure that all application pieces are present and will send a personalized email to the faculty and student confirming receipt. Applications will not be considered submitted until this email has been sent!
- Faculty applying with more than one student should ensure that a separate folder is used for each applicant to maintain confidentiality and to avoid confusion.
- Friday, December 8 will be an extremely busy day for submissions. Applications submitted on this day will only be checked to ensure all pieces are present. If you would like a more thorough review of your application, please submit it earlier in the week.
- We will do our best to acknowledge online submissions as soon as possible. However, please keep our office hours (8:00-4:30) in mind. If you share a file with us during these hours and don’t hear from us within a few hours, please contact us to verify that we have received your file.