The experience, available in all disciplines, helps to solidify and define students' career choices, both through graduate school decisions and in post-college employment. All SURE Scholars and faculty mentors receive a stipend for an 8- or 10-week full-time summer session.
Applications for the summer program are made jointly by the student and the faculty mentor and are due in December of the preceding summer. The application deadline for Summer 2016 was December 4, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. in Duffy 119.
2015 SURE Projects
Forty-eight Stonehill College students worked with 25 faculty members on a variety of research projects over the summer of 2015.
The scholars and their faculty mentors are the 20th group to work under the Stonehill Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) program, whose purpose is to provide students with an opportunity to perform significant, publishable research under the guidance of an experienced faculty researcher. The research experience helps to provide students with a competitive advantage in graduate and professional school applications and in post-college employment opportunities, as well as providing assistance to faculty in research activities.
SURE Alumni News
- Professor Bronwyn Bleakley wins 2015 Hegharty Award
- Professor Anna Ohanyan appointed Distinguished Richard B. Finnegan Professorship in Political Science and International Relations
- Professor Bronwyn Bleakley awarded NSF CAREER Grant
- Prithak Chowdhury '15 Receives Inaugural Anthony Ellis '89 Post-Graduation Fellowship
- Emily Zygiel '16 named Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship Recipient