The experience, available in all disciplines, helps to solidify and define students' career choices, both through graduate school decisions and in post-college employment. All SURE Scholars and faculty mentors receive a stipend for an 8- or 10-week full-time summer session.
Applications for the summer program are made jointly by the student and the faculty mentor and are due in December of the preceding summer. The application deadline for Summer 2015 has passed.
2015 SURE Projects
Forty-eight Stonehill College students worked with 25 faculty members on a variety of research projects over the summer of 2015.
The scholars and their faculty mentors are the 20th group to work under the Stonehill Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) program, whose purpose is to provide students with an opportunity to perform significant, publishable research under the guidance of an experienced faculty researcher. The research experience helps to provide students with a competitive advantage in graduate and professional school applications and in post-college employment opportunities, as well as providing assistance to faculty in research activities.
SURE Alumni News
- Professor Chris Wetzel wins 2014 Hegarty Award
- SURE Gives Students Valuable Research Experience
- Samantha Smith, Political Science Student of the Year 2014
- Stephen Leonard Earns Academic All District Honors for 2nd Year
- Philip Gasbarro Earns Philosophy Student of the Year 2014
- Johnny Joseph Admitted to 10 Dental Programs
- Emily O'Connell Earns Top Communication Award
- Andrea Monterotti Named Top Mathematics Student of the Year 2014
- Rebecca Leising is Chemistry Student of the Year 2014
- Gabrielle Cole Named Biochemistry Student of the Year 2014
- Dzgoeva, Farrell and Mickalak Selected as Psychology Students of the Year 2014
- Sean Scanlon and Samantha Smith Win History Students of the Year Award
- Brodbeck and Dzgoeva Named Sociology Students of the Year
- Courtney Birchall is the Top Neuroscience Student
- Nisha Khubchandani Presents Research at ACS Conference