Document Submission Checklist
The following documents must be submitted to the Office of International Programs prior to the end of the semester:
- Copy of your passport (front page only);
- Personal/emergency contact information + 1 passport size photo;
- Completed course approval form
- Study Abroad non-refundable deposit request form (see Forms) , including the acceptance letter from your provider
Download the current pre-departure orientation presentations for students studying and interning abroad during the Spring 2013 semester:
- Study Abroad Pre-Departure Orientation Presentation (ppt)
- International Internship Pre-Departure Orientation Presentation (ppt)
You must have a valid United States passport in order to leave or re-enter the U.S. Once you leave the country, your U.S. passport will be your most valuable possession. Whenever you travel anywhere, you should keep it with you at all times. Never pack it in a suitcase.
Need a Passport?
For complete passport information go to "Get a Passport: Study Abroad", sponsored by Institute for International Education.
You may need to obtain a visa prior to departure; this can only be done with a valid passport. Students should check with their study abroad provider for visa requirements.
If you are required to obtain a visa, Stonehill College will provide students with some of the necessary documentation for the visa application, prior leaving campus for the semester.
Several Peer Advisors are available during the semester to assist students with the visa application process. Please consult our Events & Program page for the day, time and location of a visa workshop.
Some study abroad programs include supplementary insurance, while others may not. Students whose abroad program does not provide additional insurance, should apply for insurance coverage through HTH Worldwide. For more information, please visit them online: https://www.hthstudents.com/
If you are currently a resident student and wish to live on campus again upon your return from a semester or year abroad, you must notify Residence Life:
- For Fall and Academic Year students, complete the room and board contract/application, which can be found on MyHill under the MyCampus tab. The section is labeled "MyHousing."
- For all students, complete the on-line Abroad Notification Form on the Res Life website. For the link, click here.
If, after completing this form, you change your study abroad or internship plans, please email Elizett Pires, Housing Assignments Coordinator at email@example.com.
Once you've done this, you will have "officially notified" Residence Life of your intent to study or intern abroad.
Airline Tickets and Airport Pickup
Please contact your study abroad program provider for specific instruction on purchasing airline tickets and the availability of airport pickup.