Many, but not all, of the library's electronic resources are now available from off campus. If you attempt to access electronic resources (including databases, ebooks, online videos, etc.) when you are off-campus or on the "Guest" network, you will see a screen that looks like this:
In order to use these resources from home, you will need a barcode number and a PIN number. You must create a PIN number before you can use our proxy server for off-campus access to the library's electronic resources. Available resources are listed on the Electronic Resources List.
Your barcode number is the 14 digit number that appears on your HillCard:
Your barcode number is the number beginning with 27689. On your ID, the barcode number is preceded by an A and followed by a B. When using your barcode number for authentication purposes, do not use the A or the B.
Your PIN is a code that each Stonehill student, staff or faculty must create the first time that they try to log in. To create a PIN number:
- Click on the View Your Patron Record link from the Library Catalog home page. This will take you to a page that looks identical to the one above.
- Type in your name as it appears on your Stonehill ID card and then type in your barcode number (i.e. 276895555555555).
- Click on the "submit" button.
- You will then be asked to create a new PIN.
- Your PIN can be between 8 and 30 characters and must have at least one number and one letter. Special characters are not allowed.
FORGET YOUR PIN?
If you forget your PIN number or are having difficulty, you can create a new one. To do so, navigate to the View Your Patron Record page. Click on the Forgot Your PIN? icon at the bottom of the page. You will be asked for your name and your barcode number. An email with instructions will be sent to your Stonehill email address.